Pattern Design is hiring an architectural technologist/technical architect in London.
Pattern Design is an architectural practice based in London, Edinburgh and Lima which specialises in parametric rule-based design. Pattern Design carries out high-profile stadia and masterplanning projects internationally.
We are looking for an architectural technologist or architect with five to ten years’ experience, to provide support to the technical team of architects, technologists and designers.
The role will include:
- working within a BIM-enabled environment using 3D tools (Revit) and BIM Level 2 strategies
- supporting the design team with material and system selection across of variety of projects from RIBA Stage 3 onwards
- communicating clearly with the design team to coordinate designs with the consultant team between packages
- supporting the production of the architectural specifications, ensuring regular updates, changes, modifications by engaging regularly with the design team and vetting the specifications developed in tandem with the design
- review of the specifications to ensure completeness
- coordination with the supply chain to gather information and detail on proposed systems
- coordination with other disciplines and working to ensure a coordinated design is achieved
Requirements of the role:
- five to ten years’ post-qualification practical experience, working as an architectural technologist or technical architect
- experience working on UK projects is essential
- MCIAT is desirable but not required
- thorough knowledge of UK building regulations
- extensive knowledge of architectural and interior design systems, materials and details
- previous experience writing specifications using NBS software is required
- experience of RIBA Stages 3, 4 and 5 is preferable
- previous experience coordinating multi-disciplinary project is preferable
- previous experience in sports architectural project sector is desirable
- excellent spoken and written English
All candidates must be permitted to work in the UK. Pattern is an equal opportunities employer with a strong emphasis on teamwork in a supportive office environment.
Please submit your application with your CV and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.
No recruitment agencies.