PDP London is seeking a head of marketing to cover maternity leave in London.
PDP London is a 100-strong London-based international practice known for skilful integration of contemporary architecture within historic environments and expertise through the whole spectrum of residential, commercial, civic and mixed-use projects.
The practice has a fundamental urban design approach that forms the underlying basis both in masterplanning and building design, with the objective to maximise the synergy between the public realm and architecture, to create vibrant people-orientated environments.
We are looking for a head of marketing to run our small and friendly team and to provide day to day marketing support to our partners, on a fixed-term basis as maternity leave cover. The role will involve strategic, management and some administrative elements. We will consider applications from candidates who wish to work on a flexible basis.
The role is perfect for someone with a background in marketing within architecture, interiors or the built environment, with excellent communication skills and an eye for graphic design. An interest in architecture is a must!
Key tasks will include:
- managing our press activities including identifying opportunities and liaising with journalists, and ensuring that we have appropriate copy and press packs for external circulation
- overseeing the production of digital content for our website, newsletters and social media
- coordinating the production of marketing materials for any external events
- working closely with the partners, project teams and the marketing assistant to produce high quality submissions for awards, in line with our current awards strategy
- working closely with the partners and project teams to manage and create material for bids and competitions
- leading the marketing of our newly formed interiors division
- management of the marketing assistant
- working on ad-hoc projects
You will have the following skills and experience:
- strong management skills
- excellent communication skills – interpersonally as well as written
- strong graphic design skills
- strong IT skills: excellent working knowledge of InDesign, and proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- exceptional organisational skills: an ability to work well independently or in a team, and an ability to manage multiple demands, targets, tasks and clients
- enthusiasm, resilience, attention to detail and dependability