Pearson Lloyd is seeking a design strategist to join its team in London.
An exciting opportunity for a mid-weight design strategist to join award-winning London based design agency Pearson Lloyd.
The role will include three distinct but overlapping work streams:
Ongoing macro level research to inform all projects across the studio, Subject areas include social, demographic, political, environmental, user, materials, colour and tech.
This will include:
- internal speculative projects
- trends research: sector/user/society
- fairs attendance: including fair/trends reports
Collation, organisation and insightful analysis of all project-related qualitative and quantitative intelligence including client business and brand information, competitive landscape, customer research, analyst commentary and press coverage.
Lead the conversion of this intelligence to inform the creative response to the client brief with team members, clients and directors.
Work closely with Directors and designers to build and/or interpret brand vision/design briefs/trends researches for client projects.
This will include:
- building CMF briefs and comprehensive presentation documents
- creating mood/material boards
- sourcing materials according to budgets and client requirements
- producing CAD renders/Photoshop visualisations
- working closely with suppliers and manufacturers to source materials
- maintaining in house materials library
About Pearson Lloyd
Pearson Lloyd is a multi-award-winning product, furniture and innovation design studio based in Hoxton, East London. The agency designs products, systems and environments for the home, workplace, transport and healthcare sectors.
Its close relationship with clients including consumer brands, manufacturers and retailers has given the agency unparalleled experience in understanding the needs of users and the demands of business.
With current projects spanning across the new business class seat and cabin design for Lufthansa, & new projects for Allermuir, BENE, Teknion and TAKT, Pearson Lloyd’s recently completed projects include the new ergonomic stair lift Flow X for brands TKA and Access BDD; Virgin Voyages patented cruise ship cabin design; and the development of the Intelligent waste Brand generated for JosephJoseph.
We are looking for someone who has:
- five years’ experience working in a similar role
- skilled in Adobe Creative Suite
- excellent internal and external communication skills
- expertise in colour, materials and finishes in the home, transport, workplace, hospitality sectors
- an understanding of consumer and lifestyle trends
- the ability to thrive in a busy environment and work well under pressure
- fluent verbal and written English
- the legal right to work in the UK and travel in Europe and USA
To apply for the position please submit a CV and cover letter using the apply for job button below.