Senior interior designer
PENSON has a vacancy for a senior interior designer to join its team in London.
Job title: senior interior designer
Industry: workplace, retail, aviation, residential, hospitality, with new ventures in other sectors
Salary: dependant on experience
Job type: permanent
Required experience: five-plus years
Globally renowned architects and interior designers PENSON are seeking applications for a full-time talented and driven senior interior designer.
PENSON is a global award-winning studio who don’t conform to the norm. We create beautiful, intelligent architecture and interiors to help the world’s most visionary brands and individuals to realise their commercial, cultural and personal ambitions.
Our high-profile international projects span hospitality, workplace, retail, aviation and residential – as well as new brand creation. You’ll have the opportunity to see your work come to life and be part of some amazing new large-scale projects here at PENSON.
PENSON’s people represent the best of the industry’s talent and always have a huge amount of creative flair. We need our people to help drive the continued evolution of the PENSON brand while pioneering our famous game-changing design and architecture. If you’re like us, you’ll have a great eye for detail as well as brand new ideas.
2023 is a busy year at PENSON with planned global rollouts of exciting new brands and projects.
We require a highly creative and ambitious senior designer who will visualise the future and bring an emotive and psychological approach to everything they create. PENSON are renowned for pushing more than boundaries in interior design and architecture so we need a team player who will bring the best creative ideas along this innovative journey with us.
About the candidate:
- a minimum of five/six years’ professional experience in commercial design experience (two to three years’ commercial office experience preferred)
- excellent proficiency in AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop and illustrator, Adobe Creative Cloud experience essential
- excellent technical drawing skills – please show an example in your portfolio
- graduate calibre candidate (degree in interior design or equivalent desirable)
- ability to create and develop design concepts for client presentation as well as working closely with the creative directors and other designers
- personable with superb communication skills with a high level of spoken and written English
- demonstrate excellent time-management skills and manage their own time across several projects concurrently
- able to advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilisation of furnishings or equipment and colour coordination
- experience managing/working on projects from conception to completion
- able to work on initiative with a consultative approach
- excellent client liaison and people management skills
- excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- commercially minded whilst having a creative flair and a strong visual sense
- knowledge of Revit desirable – proficient an advantage
The successful candidate will be working from home as well as based in our London studio in a highly rewarding environment. You will be working with a very friendly and talented team. We are a non-hierarchical, collaborative, multi-disciplinary practice with the culture of a small business.
Please note that any applications via recruitment consultancies will not be considered.
Please submit applications with CV and a short but high-quality portfolio via the apply for job button below.
Closing date for applications 6 March 2023.