PENSON is seeking a senior technical coordinator to join its team in London.
Job title: senior technical coordinator
Job type: permanent
Sectors: hospitality, workplace, retail, aviation, residential, with new ventures in other sectors.
Location: London (SE1) and working from home
Salary: £35,000 – £55,000 per annum
Required experience: six years’ minimum and technical experience to BIM Level 2
Globally renowned architects and interior designers PENSON are seeking applications for a full-time talented and driven senior technical coordinator to help deliver highly creative and technical projects for some of the world’s most notable brands and personalities.
PENSON is a global award-winning studio who don’t conform to the norm. For us, it’s what things aren’t that matters. We take ideas by the scruff of the neck, shake them up and create something totally different. We are characters of our profession; full of flavour, tongue-in-cheek, and we push the boundaries of design and creativity.
Our high-profile international projects span hospitality, workplace, retail, aviation and residential as well as new brand creation. You’ll have the opportunity to see your work come to life and be part of some amazing new large-scale projects here at PENSON.
PENSON’s people represent the best of the industry’s talent and always have a huge amount of creative flair. We need our people to help drive the continued evolution of the PENSON brand while pioneering our famous game-changing design and architecture. If you’re like us, you’ll have a great eye for detail as well as brand new ideas.
2021 is a busy year at PENSON with planned global rollouts of exciting new brands and projects. We require a highly proactive candidate who will help us to draw-up our designs to perfection. You will work together with our design teams on several projects and will immerse yourself in producing technical drawings to a high standard.
About the role:
- creating and managing AutoCAD and BIM drawing packages
- developing design-related technical solutions and details according to requirements
- assisting other team members in the development and preparation of design schemes as well as producing drawings to the highest standard
- contributing to and translating developed designs for interiors/loose furniture, integrating form, function, technology and materials
- managing client experience and mitigating any potential risks
- Photoshopping up designs
- participating in internal team meetings, exploring and discussing creative concepts at appropriate stages in the project
- communication and information transfer internally and externally
- the go-to-member of the team for all designers with technical queries
About the candidate:
- minimum of six years’ professional experience in commercial design
- architectural detail knowledge to BIM level 2
- professional mastery of AutoCAD and good knowledge of Adobe Suite
- you will have a great technical knowledge base to drive concepts through to fully detailed technical packages
- good knowledge of interior and furniture production and integration of systems and installations
- experienced in detail specific project requirements e.g. tender packs, electrical drawings, models, etc
- excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- experienced in managing client relationships and projects on site
- self-motivated with excellent time management and prioritising skills to work accurately under pressure
- commercially minded whilst having creative flair and a strong visual sense
- creative thinker and practical problem solver with a strong attention to detail
- energy, enthusiasm, and passion for all things design
- must be an obvious team player
- able to work on initiative with a consultative approach
- personable with superb communication skills with a high level of spoken and written English
The successful candidate will be working from home as well as based in our cosmopolitan London studio in a highly rewarding environment. You will be working with a very friendly and talented team. We are a non-hierarchical, collaborative, multi-disciplinary practice with the culture of a small business.
Please note that any applications via recruitment consultancies will not be considered.
Please send applications with a CV and a short but high-quality portfolio via the ‘apply’ link below. Please only apply if you have the experience to BIM Level 2.
Closing date for applications is Friday 5 February with interviews taking place one week from the closing date. Applications are for immediate start.