Peregrine Mears Architects is looking for an architectural assistant to join its practice in Devon.
A terrific opportunity is available for a talented Part-II architectural assistant to join an expanding firm of architects based in beautiful North Devon. The successful candidate can expect a salary in the region of £20-25k, dependent on experience and ability, a relaxed working environment in a pleasant Grade II listed studio, company pension scheme and the chance for career progression with a wide variety of design challenges!
We love what we do and are looking for a talented individual to take a hands-on role and be a meaningful part of our team. We’re looking for someone with strong design and presentation skills, particularly at the front end of projects.
Typical tasks will include:
- concept design proposals
- design opportunities and constraints reports
- presentation drawings
- 3D visualisations
- hand sketches
- taking part in design presentations
- preparing planning applications, including written reports
- some technical design
- assisting with contract administration duties on site
Working as part of a small but enthusiastic team, you can expect to take a key role in a wide range of projects sectors including hotels and leisure, residential, community, conservation and private houses.
This is a great chance for a Part-II architectural assistant wishing to get lots of hands-on experience at all stages of projects to achieve the Part-III qualification. We would also consider a Part-I assistant who has a minimum of one year’s UK work experience, a basic appreciation of construction and a genuine flair for design.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a positive, self-motivated and enthusiastic outlook
- minimum of one year’s relevant work experience in the UK
- strong design creativity
- the ability to produce freehand illustrations and 3D renders
- good CAD skills – experience of Vectorworks will be an advantage
- good InDesign and Photoshop skills
- the ability to manage their own time effectively
- a fresh approach to contemporary design
In the first instance, please email your CV and recent examples of your own work with a covering letter, describing what you offer and why you’d like to join us to: firstname.lastname@example.org