Peregrine Mears Architects is seeking a designer to join its team in Devon, UK.
How would you like to stretch your design skills on a wide variety of projects and locations whilst gaining loads of hands-on experience? Want to be a bigger fish in a small pond, then read on and see if you can make a splash.
A terrific opportunity is available for a talented architectural assistant to join an expanding firm of architects based in beautiful North Devon.
We can offer:
- a competitive salary, dependant on experience and ability
- a relaxed working environment in a pleasant Grade II-listed studio
- flexi-leave, so you can balance work with other commitments
- a parking permit, (365 days per year)
- 33 days annual leave plus time off in-lieu
- company pension scheme
- in-house CPD, plus support for personal learning and development
- regular ‘design days’ when we all collaborate on design challenges and competitions
- a genuine chance for career progression and the prospect of becoming more than just a number
But this is Devon, so you can actually enjoy a challenging and inspiring working day then go for a surf or take the family for a picnic on the beach or the moors after work.
We are a smaller practice but punch way above our weight and regularly win projects outside of the south-west competing successfully against much bigger firms. We believe the personal touch combined with imagination, flexibility and enthusiasm sets us apart.
Our current workload includes large scale projects like, a new eco-holiday park, redeveloping several inland marinas, hotels, a new museum, down to small scale projects like one-off houses by the coast and sensitive additions to historic buildings. So you will never be bored!
We love what we do and are looking for a talented individual to take a hands-on role and be a meaningful part of our team. We’re looking for someone with strong contemporary design and presentation skills, particularly at the front end of projects.
Typical tasks will include:
- concept design proposals
- design opportunities and constraints reports
- presentation drawings
- 3D CAD modelling and visualisations
- hand sketches
- taking part in design presentations
- preparing planning applications, (including written reports)
- some technical design
- assisting with contract administration duties on-site
- working closely with clients to deliver great buildings
This is a great chance for a Part 2 architectural assistant wishing to take a leap forward in his or her career and work towards the Part 3 qualification. We can offer a high level of support to help you with that including study leave and mentoring.
In return we are looking for people who have:
- a positive, self-motivated and enthusiastic outlook on life
- minimum of two years’ relevant work experience in the UK
- strong design creativity
- the ability to produce freehand illustrations and 3D renders
- good CAD skills, (experience of Vectorworks will be an advantage)
- good InDesign and Photoshop skills
- the ability to manage their own time effectively
- a fresh approach to contemporary design
In the first instance, please email your CV and recent examples of your own work in practice, with a covering letter, (describing what you offer and why you’d like to join us) using the ‘apply’ link below.