Perkins+Will is looking for a junior interior designer to join its practice in London.
Junior interior designer (hospitality and F&B)
Perkins+Will is looking for a junior interior designer to join its Hospitality team in London. The team delivers high-end commercial hospitality and F&B interior fit-out projects, working on the feasibility, concept and delivery of projects with varying scales and budgets.
The successful candidate will be creative, enthusiastic and passionate about exceptional design. They will play a key role within the hospitality interiors team, as the practice is expanding in this sector. Willingness to grow, learn and develop will be key for this role.
Candidates should have degree level qualifications in design and some experience of working on hospitality or F&B projects in London, ideally a minimum of one-two years. Whilst the successful candidate would be supported by the senior team, they must be able to manage a varying workload across multiple projects to meet client deadlines. Communication is key and the role requires fluent spoken and written English.
- a creative approach to all project aspects
- assist in developing design proposals for presentations under the direction of the senior team; this will include: concept ideas, development of layouts, finishes, materials and furniture
- assist in the development of tender proposals
- compile working drawings (AutoCAD plans, elevations, joinery details) and specifications (finishes and furniture) with the support of the project team
- attend project meetings as appropriate
- contribute to the development of the hospitality interiors team within the practice
- work closely with the project team and report to the senior designer and/or project director
Skills and experience:
- a degree in interior design or interior architecture
- great AutoCAD skills
- excellent knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and SketchUp
- good communication and presentation skills
- excellent conceptual abilities
- knowledge of and ability to undertake on-going research of furniture, products, finishes and materials
- working knowledge of building regulations, British standards and other relevant statutory legislation
- freehand drawing skills and Revit knowledge will be preferred, but not essential
P+W is equal opportunity and GDPR compliant employer.
No agencies please.