Piercy&Company is looking for a HR and operations manager to join its growing London-based architectural studio.
HR and operations manager at Piercy&Company
Piercy&Company has carved a reputation for carefully crafted contemporary residential, commercial and civic projects in sensitive historic and urban environments. The studio’s work regularly attracts awards and industry accolades, recently including RIBA National Awards, BD Architect of the Year, Blueprint and FX Awards.
The role sits within the studio and communications team, reporting to the Associate that leads this team as well as working closely with the senior management team and directors.
HR role requirements:
- review statutory requirements and best practice to implement appropriate changes to current HR policies of required
- ensure policies and procedures are communicated to all staff effectively and provide training where required
- provide advice and support to managers on employee relations issues
- manage and update the staff handbook
- manage the annual review process
- manage the annual salary review process
- analyse training and development needs and develop individual training plans
- oversee the Part 1 and Part 2 training and development programmes
- schedule CPDs and keep records of staff training
- maintain employee records on the company HR server
- liaise with external bookkeepers to coordinate monthly payroll information and monitor pension contributions
- lead the recruitment of all staff, including writing job descriptions, preparing job adverts and selecting appropriate recruitment companies
- maintain and develop excellent relationships with recruitment companies
- maintain and develop relationships with design schools and universities to facilitate architectural assistant recruitment
- manage the leavers process, including exit interviews and informing the management team of any trends
- manage the induction and probation process
- monitor weekly timesheets and reports
Operations role requirements:
- working closely with directors, maintain and promote the Quality and Environmental Management system (QMEMS) and maintain ISO9001 and ISO14001 certification
- maintaining and updating the Health & Safety policy and coordinating risk assessments
- managing the renewal of insurance and professional registrations
- drafting, maintaining and updating other studio policies and procedures as required
- managing the current studio systems and identifying improvements
Piercy&Company is an equal opportunities employer.
Please submit your cover letter and CV using the ‘apply’ link below.
Please note we will only be in contact should you be invited to interview.
Application deadline: we are looking to fill the role as soon as possible, though understand that an immediate start may not be possible in all cases.