Piercy&Company is looking for an architect to join its London studio.
Piercy&Company is an award-winning Camden-based studio founded in 2002 by architect Stuart Piercy. Our interdisciplinary practice comprises 80+ architects, designers and researchers with a shared passion for materials, form, technology and craft.
We work on projects at every scale, from masterplans and large-scale buildings to interiors and objects. No matter the scale or typology, all are fuelled by the ambition to improve the human experience of how projects are made and how they feel.
We create new forms with traditional techniques while investigating familiar forms with experimental materials. Collaborations with specialist craftspeople and partnerships with academics, universities, engineers and ambitious clients provide our team with an endless source of energy, inspiration and optimism for the future.
The position requires a strong designer who can also successfully coordinate and engage in design team interaction, communicate design ideas to a range of audiences and resolve construction challenges. A design-led motivated architect that can deliver high-quality spaces and be flexible working across all scales. The role will involve detailed design and be part of a team taking a project through to site, so experience in the later RIBA stages is essential.
The candidate will need to have UK construction experience as well as experience with offices and refurbishments, ideally two to three years’ post-Part 3.
Applicants for the position of architect will need to demonstrate that they have:
- exceptionally strong design and detailing skills
- excellent visualisation skills, preferably using Rhino and Enscape or 3ds Max and V-Ray
- experience in design team coordination and client liaison
- two to three years’ post-Part 3 experience and be ARB registered
- experience across all RIBA work stages
- strong technical expertise and knowledge of current construction methods
- proficiency in MicroStation
- experience in UK procurement and construction would be a bonus
- BIM (Revit) experience an advantage
What we offer
Piercy&Company have an inclusive and collaborative culture and offer several benefits:
- annual profit share scheme
- TOIL policy
- membership of the RIBA pension scheme
- enhanced paternity and maternity leave (after one year of employment)
- training and development opportunities
- studio outings and social events
- access to CPDs and internal talks
- health and wellbeing initiatives – cycle to work scheme, weekly organic fruit delivery, various in-house workshops and activities
- office closed during Christmas period
- and more!
We annually benchmark salaries across the studio based upon the d3 Group’s Architecture Industry Survey, which provides insights from approximately 100 design and architecture practices in London.
Please submit your cover letter, digital CV in PDF format (online links to portfolios will not be accepted) and work examples with ‘architect application’ as the subject heading.
Remuneration is dependent upon experience.
We actively encourage applications from women, the LGBTQIA+ community and people from ethnic minorities as these groups are currently under-represented throughout the building industry. Piercy&Company is an equal opportunities employer dedicated to closing this gap and aims to build a workforce of skilled professionals from a range of diverse backgrounds.
Application deadline: we are looking to fill the role as soon as possible, though we understand that an immediate start may not be possible in all cases.
Please note: due to the high volume of applicants, please note we will only be in contact should you be invited to interview