Piercy&Company is looking for a talented communications manager to join its London studio.
Piercy&Company is an award-winning Camden-based studio founded in 2002 by architect Stuart Piercy. Our interdisciplinary studio comprises of 90 plus architects, designers and creatives with a shared passion for materials, form, technology and craft. Piercy&Co became an Employee Ownership Trust in December 2022 and is currently working towards B-Corp certification.
With a range of architectural and interior projects coming to completion, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and well-connected communications manager to promote these projects whilst helping articulate and share our studio values with a wider audience.
The successful candidate will be skilled and experienced in a similar role and have excellent written communication skills and a talent for expressing architectural and design concepts in the written word. It is highly desirable that the communications manager should also have a great eye and be adept at design storytelling in visual form.
The communications manager will be responsible for expanding our relationships with key journalists and writers, managing press campaigns, press releases and website content, collating and editing thought leadership and research pieces and award entries, and generally promoting awareness of the studio and our projects. The communications manager also feeds into the bidding and pitching process, however, this is not a new business role.
The communications manager will report to the director in charge of communications and the founding director. The role will also work closely with the director team, the business development team, the senior management team and project leaders.
Required skills and experience:
- exceptional writing and editing skills
- good knowledge of the key issues currently affecting architecture
- attention to detail and a sense of curiosity
- collaborative approach with the ability to foster strong internal and external relationships
- globally aware and well-read with an understanding of current and future influences on architecture and design
- calm approach with the ability to juggle competing priorities and deadlines
- working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop is essential
- graphic design/layout skills in addition to written communication skills are highly desirable
- experienced with social media channels, website content management and associated analytics
- a good eye for bringing together the written word with the visual
This role would suit someone with proven experience in a similar role within the architectural industry, or someone coming from architectural PR or journalism.
What we offer
Piercy&Company has an inclusive and collaborative culture and offers several benefits:
- a strong studio culture including well-being, social and cultural events
- annual profit share scheme
- enhanced paternity and maternity leave
- TOIL policy
- membership of the RIBA pension scheme
- training and development opportunities
- access to CPDs and internal talks
- health and wellbeing initiatives – cycle to work scheme, weekly organic fruit delivery, F45 workout sessions, monthly masseuse, various in-house workshops and activities
- office closed during Christmas period
- and more
We annually benchmark salaries across the studio based on the d3 Group’s Architecture Industry Survey, which provides insights from approximately 100 design and architecture practices in London.
Remuneration is dependent upon experience and a salary band is available upon request.
Please submit your cover letter outlining suitability for the role and digital CV in PDF format with ‘Communications Manager’ as the subject heading via the apply for job button below. Please note that online links to portfolios will not be accepted.
By submitting your application to us, you are providing Piercy&Company with your full consent to process, manage and retain your personal information for the purpose of considering you for potential employment.
We actively encourage applications from women, the LGBTQIA+ community and people from ethnic minorities as these groups are currently under-represented throughout the building industry. Piercy&Company is an equal opportunities employer dedicated to closing this gap and aims to build a workforce of skilled professionals from a range of diverse backgrounds.
We are looking to fill the role as soon as possible, though we understand that an immediate start may not be possible in all cases.
Please note: due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be in contact should you be invited to interview.