Pollard Thomas Edwards is seeking a marketing and communications assistant to join its team in London.
The marketing and communications assistant works within the communications group alongside the communications manager, graphic designer, bid manager, bid administrator and visualisers. The role involves the assistance with general project work, internal communications, marketing, events and PR activities.
Key areas of responsibility:
- supports the communications team with general administrative duties and the day to day running of the team
- assists the team in the preparation, coordination and distribution of printed and digital publicity and marketing material and the planning of internal and external events
- general project design work, including PowerPoint presentations, project-related and marketing documents
- coordinates and books internal and external events: seminars, office meetings and lunches
- creates social media posts (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- maintains and updates the company website
- image library (OpenAsset) uploading and cataloguing
- database and campaign (Union Square, Workspace) management
- handling external and internal enquiries and requests for information
- assisting in the introduction and induction of new staff
- assisting in award entries and press releases
- maintaining and updating all marketing material-publicity sheets, policy documents, brochures, CVs, website and external websites
- maintaining company subscriptions and memberships
Required skills and experience:
- previous office experience within a marketing and communications team
- experience within a design or architectural studio
- excellent written English
- proficient in Microsoft Office, InDesign and Photoshop
- excellent administration and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise to achieve deadlines
- able to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- self-motivated, proactive team member
- quick learner, able to become familiar with the practice, culture and projects
- attention to detail with excellent editing and proof-reading skills
- able to work both as part of a team and on their own initiative
- experience in social media platforms
- experience in photography and filmmaking is desirable
Employment benefits at Pollard Thomas Edwards:
- flexi-hours to suit your work/life balance
- permanent health insurance and life assurance
- employee assistance programme
- health cash plan
- personal and professional development
- regular office events
- Thursday lunches
- additional holidays over Christmas
- enhanced maternity and shared parental policy
- weekly yoga/life drawing classes/choir group
- cycle to work scheme
About Pollard Thomas Edwards
Pollard Thomas Edwards offers a unique combination of commercial acumen, design talent and social commitment. Our rigorous, questioning approach produces design solutions that are intelligent, imaginative and which add value and joy. We work closely and collaboratively with our clients, forging long term relationships. We place great importance not only on the way that buildings look, but also on the way that they are made, the way they are used and how they age.
Pollard Thomas Edwards is a practice of about 150 professional and support staff, around 18 languages are spoken and we aim to maintain a 50:50 gender balance.
Pollard Thomas Edwards’ headquarters lie on the Regent’s Canal about five minutes walk from Angel Islington. Diespeker Wharf enjoys one of the most tranquil locations on London’s canal network and provides a great working environment for our staff, clients and collaborators.
Please submit your cover letter and CV using the ‘apply’ link below
No agencies, please.