Populous is looking for a Bid coordinator to join its team in London.
You may not realise it, but the chances are that you already know a Populous-designed venue. You may even have been in one. As the world’s leading sports and entertainment architecture and design firm, we create places that draw people and communities together, including the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Yankee Stadium in New York and the O2 Arena in Greenwich.
We have a fantastic opportunity available to join the London marketing team as a bid coordinator.
The bid coordinator must be able to harness and deliver on bids and submissions. The bid coordinator will enhance the way in which Populous deliver and submit work whilst not restricting the design skills and attributes within the workforce; through a collaborative approach, bringing the best out of each team and collective submission.
This is a key role in the company’s bid and tender submission and business development process, and responsibilities will include:
- develop and coordinate bid submissions, including the assessment of tender requirements, submission plans, timing and contributors
- preparation of tender packages for bids including all relevant internal and external negotiations
- oversees the quality assurance of bids, to include contractual, technical and project delivery reviews with stakeholders
- coordinate the collation of information from across multiple offices for report writing and draft media copy including blogs
- manage, research and develop reports and submissions to support architectural and regional marketing, business development and media activities for the EMEA region
- edit, update and create marketing materials including fact sheets and brochures
- manage the collation of information from across multiple offices for report writing and drafting media copy
- entering all submission content including images into InDesign templates, proofing and editing text
You will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- bachelor degree in communications, marketing, business or equivalent experience
- knowledge of fee structures and profit margins
- knowledge of project and resource programming
- excellent working knowledge of presentation software (e.g. InDesign)
- ability to apply design aesthetics and theory of projects
- ability to draw on current R&D and scientific trends, in design/construction/innovation
- ability to engage with and present to clients, staff and teams
- ability to focus and present clarity, in and through submissions
- ability to respond to short timeframes and work flexibly with multiple priorities
You will also have the following specialist knowledge:
- experience of having worked with leading architectural design firms
- proven track record of practical application of design, construction and bids
- experience from design to delivery of stadiums, masterplans and competitions
- awareness of BIM protocols and contractual requirements
- knowledge of architectural theory
Do you want to help tell our stories? Please submit your CV and cover letter detailing how your experience and skills match our requirements by clicking here to apply.
The deadline for applications is: 16/05/2019
The salary range for this role is: £30,000 – £35,000
With offices on the banks of the River Thames, five minutes’ walk from Putney high street, Populous employees enjoy a full range of workplace benefits, as well as the opportunity to attend events at a number of our London venues, including the O2 Arena and Emirates Stadiums.