Populous is seeking a mid-weight wayfinding designer to join its team in London.
Populous Wayfinding is an award-winning design agency and partner in the wider Populous Group. We design the branded environments and experiences for world-class stadia and entertainment venues worldwide.
We are looking for a mid-weight wayfinding designer to join our expanding mixed discipline team. We’re ideally looking for someone with a background in information and wayfinding design, but this isn’t essential, as long as you have some wayfinding projects in your portfolio. However, you will have exceptional graphic design and typographic skills.
You’ll be working as part of a mixed discipline team that includes wayfinding, design strategy, placemaking, design research and branding, and you will have a keen eye for detail with an understanding of end-user needs.
We are looking for:
- mid-weight wayfinding/graphic design experience
- ability to work independently or as part of a team on larger projects
- be comfortable presenting ideas to clients
- good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- experience in working with Microsoft packages: Word, Excel, Power-point
- good communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- understanding of AutoCAD/Revit a bonus
- support the team leaders across multiple projects
- develop design concepts through to detailed design
- define decision-points and message hierarchies
- developing signage layouts
- developing naming and numbering strategies
- pictogram and map design
- development of new project pitch material
The role will be based in Whitechapel, East London, and will be studio-based with the option of hybrid working. Some projects will require occasional international travel depending on client needs and location.
If you are interested please click the apply for job button below. In your application please include your CV, a one page letter of motivation, salary expectations and whether you are eligible to work in the UK.
Populous is an equal opportunities employer. A global practice like no other, Populous employees enjoy a full range of workplace benefits, as well as the opportunity to attend events at a number of our London venues, including Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, the O2 Arena and Emirates Stadium.