at Prior + Partners
Prior + Partners is seeking a landscape architect to join its team in AlUla, Saudi Arabia and London.
Prior + Partners is a growing practice of designers and planners focused on creating great places for people to live and thrive. We believe that the best projects come from a highly creative and multi-disciplinary approach to design through collaborative working.
We are looking for a passionate, creative and motivated Landscape Architect with a minimum of 10 years experience to help shape our landscape design offer and take a lead role in the delivery of our work in AlUla in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
AlUla is unique in the world and features a spectacularly beautiful cultural landscape, oases, desert plains, canyons and fascinating heritage and archaeological sites. We are looking for someone willing to be deployed for the next 12 months between AlUla and London to work with renowned landscape architects, planners, architects and heritage experts.
You will need a good appreciation of design, organisation, communication and interpersonal skills, confidence in presentations and workshop environments, and demonstrable experience in leading and co-ordinating teams of designers, planners and sub consultants.
You will be an integral member of the studio team based out of London and AlUla. You will be required to work on a range of projects from Regional Scale strategies, Masterplans and plot level implementation projects. The position would require you to:
- manage a variety of projects with a significant part of this time based in KSA, on the ground in AlUla
- undertake and assist design and design development of projects, working in collaboration with our subconsultant teams – both on site and in studio
- work at a range of scales, from strategic level planning design, master planning, and project level designs – public plazas, town squares and streets, museums, resorts, galleries, hotels
- develop planning and design principles into design briefs for agreement with the client
- client presentations and workshops
- manage and coordinate sub-consultants across a range of tasks and programmes
- manage and co-ordinate in-house designers and planning teams
- a clear understanding of design processes as outlined in RIBA
- be hands-on, including design, management, and client liaison
- train/mentor/develop other team members
You will primarily lead and assist with the development of design, through both documentation and the coordination and management of sub-consultants. You will have some or all of the following attributes:
- qualifications in landscape architecture
- well-developed technical skills in regards to design and construction techniques and programs in the context of public realm design and implementation
- in excess of 10 years’ experience working as a landscape architect
- Middle East and the Gulf Region experience and understanding, preferably including work in the KSA
- proven experience in project management from proposal through design to construction/commission completion
- client communication and management skills
- design, drawing and communication skills
- an informed understanding of cultural heritage
- experience in project evolution from concept design through design development and production of guidelines
- proven experience working successfully in a collaborative team environment
- the ability to prioritise multiple projects and deadlines, determine additional staffing needs to complete workload and the ability to manage project involvement within budgets and time parameters;
- the ability to critically review their own work to achieve exceptional outcomes
- business development experience
- experience of delivery on the ground
- chartered member of landscape institute or equivalent if an international candidate
In return we will provide a generous salary and benefits package, travel expenses and living costs while on site, and the opportunity to take on a senior role in our exciting and innovative design practice.
To apply please email your CV and portfolio to [email protected].
For an informal discussion about the role please contact: [email protected].