Prior + Partners is looking for urban designers to join its team in London.
We are a team of urban designers, architects and planning experts based in Farringdon. We focus on masterplanning and strategic planning and believe in an integrated approach to the design of cities and complex urban environments.
As urban designers we work on a range of district, city and regional scale projects in the UK and overseas, moving between strategic and conceptual ideas to typology and streetscape detail.
We are passionate about placemaking and people and we place great importance on making our studio collaborative, stimulating and an enjoyable place to work. We offer the opportunity to develop your career in a well-established, busy and expanding masterplanning firm, with the satisfaction of working on prestigious projects from concept through to completion.
We are looking for one or more enthusiastic urban designers to join our team to contribute to a range of high profile projects. You will play a design role within the Urban Design Team and have the opportunity to contribute to the development of exciting urban projects in the UK and overseas including city regeneration strategies, campus and innovation districts, mixed use city centre masterplanning, amongst others.
We welcome applications from candidates who can demonstrate some, or all of the following:
- recently graduated or graduating from a masters level course in urban design
- an architectural background with RIBA Part 1/2 or equivalent qualification
- excellent drawing and presentation skills and the ability to explain a design idea and evolution of a concept
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- an ability to present concepts and design narratives in a concise and compelling way, both verbally and through drawn image
- good familiarity with Adobe Suite, CAD (2D/ 3D). Additional skills in GIS, Grasshopper, Microsoft Office, advanced visualisation are desirable
- able to work on own initiative, and to be well organised
- an active interest in UK urban design, planning issues and city development
To submit your CV and portfolio, please click the ‘apply’ button below.