Prodject is looking for a freelance design assistant to join its team in New York, USA.
Prodject is a creative agency specialising in brand strategy, design and execution for events in fashion, music, art and popular culture. Our design department is involved in all phases of design for projects ranging from runway shows to exhibitions to pop-up shops to gala dinners.
Prodject is looking for a talented and flexible junior designer to join our team as a freelance design assistant.
The freelance design assistant works directly with the design director to design, draw, source materials and select furniture for runway shows and other fashion events. The ideal candidate will have a strong architecture or interior design education and a personal interest in fashion and marketing. Ideal candidate will be energetic and willing to perform tasks that sometimes take them out of the office and around New York City. Must have excellent drafting, rendering, organisation and graphic design skills. Must have great eye and taste level. Must be highly organised and able to work on multiple projects at once.
This job is full time on a contract basis.
- mastery of SketchUp for both drawing and rendering required, experience in other 3D drawing and rendering tools is a plus
- fluency in AutoCAD
- experience with technical drawings and building methods
- fluency in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- excellent visual research skills
- experience in set design, production design, prop styling, event or interior design
- knowledge of NY furniture stores (vintage and contemporary and prop), flower and garment districts a plus
- must live in NYC
To apply, please submit your portfolio and resume using the ‘apply’ link below.