Project manager (retail and
hospitality) at UXUS
Project manager (retail and hospitality)
UXUS is a leading global strategic design consultancy delivering innovative consumer experiences for top multi-national brands.
UXUS specialises in retail, hospitality, packaging and branding design.
Clients include Chanel, Donna Karan, Qatar Luxury Group, Bloomingdales, Selfridges, John Lewis, Tate Modern, P&G, Absolut, Heineken, McDonald's and many other valued clients.
We have an entrepreneurial team environment, where individuals’ innovative ideas and initiative are rewarded.
Design agency UXUS is looking for a project manager (retail and hospitality) to join its Amsterdam office.
The principle responsibilities of this position are:
- work as part of an international multidisciplinary project management team (retail, hospitality and branding)
- work closely with UXUS design team to present outlined design concepts, design development and detailing, production, implementation, and construction information
- manage global retail, corporate, hospitality and brand identity projects and clients
- ensure all project phases are delivered on time and within budget
- creates and executes project work plans and revises to meet changing needs and requirements
- identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
- manages day-to-day aspects of a project and scope
- prepare internal reviews with project team and quality assurance procedures
- ensures project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately
- consult and liaise closely with client, design and third party project management teams
- manage outside consultants and trades throughout all project phases
- consult and liaise with client, design and third party project management teams
- prepare and monitor fee proposals, cost plans and project milestones
- manage scheduling, budgets, staffing, project set-up with sub-consultants, vendors and contractors
- prepare all supporting communications/reporting documentation for effective project management
- international experience in retail and hospitality design from design through construction process is a must
- professional degree (Master or Bachelor) in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited program
- minimum five years experience of design related project management, from conception through to implementation
- ability to work in a fast paced environment within tight deadlines
- ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment, in 2D and 3D
- ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, design and project management team
- fluent in English, verbal and written and other languages a plus
- communicative, result oriented, energetic and assertive
- excellent multi-tasking abilities
- willing to travel
- must have a valid EU work permit
- knowledge of construction methods and materials, and methods of surveying and inspection
- experienced in set up of FFE schedules
- understanding of visual merchandising and branding a plus
- ability to review, analyse, and make recommendations regarding designs, architectural plans, and specifications (including BoH)
- ability to supervise and plan the work of technical and professional subordinates
- ability to interpret and carry out complex oral and written instructions with regard to architectural drawings and specifications
- proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- experience using both metric and imperial (US/UK) measurements a must
Application deadline: March 10, 2015
How to apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com. Due to the high number of applications received on a daily basis we are unable to respond to all enquiries. We will however keep your CV on file and contact you if another position becomes available we think you may be suitable for.
Please mention that you saw this position on Dezeen Jobs