Purple PR is seeking an account manager to join its office in London.
Purple – with offices in London, New York and Los Angeles – are actively seeking a bright and enthusiastic account manager to join its lifestyle practice in the agency’s London office, working on several high-profile global property clients. The ideal candidate will have experience working in property PR – with an understanding of the UK media landscape and lifestyle more broadly.
The candidate should demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans. Moreover, the candidate should demonstrate a high degree of written communication skills, initiative, creativity and be extremely organised.
- media networking and liaising across relevant beats; maintaining strong relationships with media through regular one-to-one appointments and meetings
- executing media relations plans for clients including developing outreach plans, message development, management of events, effective pitching, training of spokespersons and pitching local, regional and national stories
- competitive media research and analysis
- participating in the creation of communications plans and press tool kits
- navigating partnership and collaboration opportunities
- spearheading and supporting with event logistics and production
- developing weekly and monthly media reports for clients
- Support ADs on communication with all clients, building rapport and credibility based on trust and expert counsel
- proactively pitch story ideas to achieve maximum editorial placement across your clients
- overseeing the management of media requests – from email inquiry through prospective media coverage – including tracking and follow up
- general media monitoring across clients and all competitors
- consistently producing high quality internal and external communications content
- oversight and compilation of weekly client agendas
- manage and motivate junior members of the team to ensure day to day operations run smoothly and PR results are delivered; while supporting them in their growth to the next level
- equally support ADs and senior members of the team to ensure maximum support across all levels
- have a clear understanding of paid, owned and earned media strategies, and develop relationships with top influencers to support this activity
- have strong connections with leading and emerging editorial talents in the UK and Europe
- managing the senior account executive/account executive to help reach personal and team targets
- contribute to agency new business efforts; both creating proposals and participating in relevant pitches
- three to four years’ professional experience, agency experience a plus
- experience working within the property industry
- strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- knowledge of Gorkana/Cision and other PR industry tools
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.