Quinine has an opportunity for a business development manager to join its team in London.
We are a leading retail experience consultancy, with our head office in London and a talented 12-strong team of designers from around the world. We work internationally for clients in the telecommunications, technology and media sectors on research, strategy and designing new retail environments. Our focus is on creating face-to-face retail experiences that work effectively for the business, the brand, the customer and the staff.
Role overview and context
The business development manager will be an accomplished, confident and charismatic individual who is familiar with, and thrives within a creative environment. Working closely with Quinine’s founder Ian Johnston and other senior team members. The business development manager’s prime aim is to arrange face to face and on-line meetings with qualified leads derived from managing a healthy sales pipeline, generating new sales leads, and nurturing existing leads.
The business development manager’s role leverages the marketing materials developed by the internal content team and liaises closely with the marketing director. The role provides an outstanding opportunity for an outgoing, friendly individual with an in-depth understanding of the creative process and industry to help the leadership connect with potential clients and help them explore how Quinine can solve their business challenges.
The role will include:
- business development outreach (60%)
- including new prospect exploration, monitoring and reviewing inbound leads
- making new connections on LinkedIn, following up on marketing email leads and monitoring conversations across channels. Writing/creating outreach messaging appropriate to an agreed pipeline process
- management of team admin (25%)
- this includes monitoring and updating all correspondence within the internal business development team channel via Microsoft Teams and Outlook. Monitoring and updating all tasks within HubSpot including creating workflows, lists and monitoring systems.
- ad hoc research tasks (15%)
- this could include Company and Sector research for the new business function.
- use research to identify key target individuals in each of our target sectors (telecommunications, technology and media) in our target geo-markets (primarily in the UK, but also in Europe, Canada, USA and parts of Asia)
- nurture relationships, using telephone, email, mail and Linked In
- monitor and track all sales activity on a daily basis
- management and development of the company’s sales database (HubSpot)
- monitor retail sector media and relevant LinkedIn conversations to identify opportunities for business development
- understand key consumer and retail trends
- work with the Heads of the client-facing project teams to pro-actively mine potential within existing client organisations
- measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the new business activity
- make recommendations on improving Quinine’s sales processes where necessary
- assist the Leadership Team with preparation for sales meetings, presentations and pitches
- attend networking and industry events
- assist with other marketing, as required
Skills and experience:
- at least two to three years’ experience working within the design industry as a business development, communications, marketing or insights manager
- database management skills and experience of HubSpot will be an advantage
- ability to research and explore market sectors and companies and identify new business opportunities
- knowledge of the retail sector is not essential but will be an advantage
- knowledge of the telecoms, technology and media sectors is not essential but will be an advantage
- able to work successfully both on your own and as a team player
- able to build great relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- excellent spoken and written skills
- excellent interpersonal skills
- pro-active, motivated and results-driven
- strong planning and organisational skills
- reliable and able to manage own time
- engage fully with Quinine’s vibrant and positive culture, participating in its social activities
Salary and commission:
- salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities.
- commission will be linked to an agreed percentage of successful fee revenue achieved.
As we are a hybrid working studio, we have focused a lot of our time into implementing benefits that bring us closer together during office days.
- weekly studio breakfast
- weekly drinks budget
- bi-weekly studio lunches
- quarterly studio events
- birthday day off (including gifting budget)
- long service annual leave (one additional day every year following second year anniversary- up to 10 days)
- enhanced parental leave policies
- employee learning programme
- pension contribution of 3%
- life assurance cover
- corporate eye care vouchers
- corporate flu vaccine vouchers
- discretionary bonus scheme paid after first year of employment
- cycle to work scheme
All candidates must legally be eligible for work in the UK.