Rachel Laxer Interiors is seeking a freelance interior designer to join its firm in London.
The studio is looking for a highly-motivated, conscientious professional with the ability to work on significant projects and participate within a team to deliver to the highest standards. This is an excellent opportunity for a person who is well presented, enthusiastic and passionate about design.
As a freelance designer, you would have been able to think and work at both the broadest and smallest scale of the design process, demonstrating and developing your skills to deliver exceptional design.
The candidate will be required to:
- help prepare concept designs for director review
- participate in full concept presentations
- prepare full detail drawing packages
- understand a projects efficiency, to program and budget
- build and grow existing client relationships
- ability to be self-motivated
The successful candidate should have:
- have one to two years’ previous interior design experience
- on site experience
- basic knowledge in AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop, and Excel
- proficient in Estimac and/or willing to take a course to learn the bookkeeping software
- excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- exceptional attention to detail
- an excellent standard of both verbal and written English
- a dynamic personality
- develop a good working relationship and support the director
- be able to manage workload and project timelines for the studio
- establish ongoing client relations to ensure future project collaborations
How to apply
Applicants should submit their CV and portfolio by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are only able to respond to applicants selected for interview.