Rachel Laxer Interiors is seeking a junior designer/architect to join its London team.
RLI delivers a bespoke experience and design service to our clients. From the beginning concepts to installation, the team is focused on client satisfaction.
The studio is looking for an interior designer/architect who is interested in the opportunity to work in a small team on high end residential and commercial projects. The position is well suited for a person who wants to be involved in all aspects of the design process in a practice that is active in UK, Europe, and the United States. The person must be eager, motivated, and capable of working collaboratively and on their own in a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity for a person who is well presented, enthusiastic, organised, and passionate about design.
- creating and editing plans, elevations using AutoCAD
- creating mood boards using InDesign and develop presentations
- fabric sourcing, ordering samples and finishes for projects
- creating workroom schedules and cost plans in Excel format
- support the design team with administration, planning and design
- liaise with suppliers, subcontractors and building team
- FF&E sourcing, specification, procurement, and installation
- maintain and grow relationships with existing and new suppliers
- minimum two years’ of design experience
- prepare detailed drawing packages
- prepare concept designs and presentations for review by senior designer
- collect samples, chase suppliers for updates and administration follow up
- update cost plans, mood boards and schedules
- confirm meetings with suppliers and clients
- site minutes following meetings
- update project management lead times
The successful candidate should have proven experience in the following:
- AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop, and Excel
- knowledge of Estimac is preferable, however not essential as training will be provided
- strong communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- attention to detail
- high standard of both verbal and written English
- ability to work within a small team
- able to proactively manage workload and project timelines for the studio
- yearly bonus scheme
- UK company pension
This is a full-time role based in St. John’s Wood, London, hours 9am-6pm. If you are interested in this position at Rachel Laxer Interiors please submit a CV, cover letter and portfolio via the apply for job button below.