Rankin Photography is looking for a front of house manager to join its team.
Much more than a receptionist role, this is a critical position as the first face of our team, managing our front of house environment, dealing with VIP visitors, clients, models, crew etc to our studio and offices. You will be the lead person for a variety of tasks that go in hand with the running of our busy operations.
We are looking for someone smart and sharp, full of energy and enthusiasm and excited by the fast pace of our highly successful group of growing businesses.
You will be highly organised and have a great attention to detail. You will be able to multitask effectively under pressure while maintaining your professional can do approach.
Someone with previous supervisor level hospitality experience and some administrative experience and an interest in fashion, photography and film could be highly suited to this role.
- ensuring security processes are upheld strictly, ensuring a safe and secure building especially for the front door as the main entrance
- greeting all clients and visitors in a prompt, polite and efficient manner and looking after them while they are waiting in the reception area
- signing visitors and contractors in and out of the building using the signing-in book and contacting the relevant contact
- ensure Health & Safety processes are upheld including raising any concerns, issues and concerns to the studio and office manager. Resolving any issues where possible. Focusing on the safety of visitors as well as staff and especially managing the gallery space
- handling all incoming telephone calls and general emails, re-directing appropriately
- managing the phone list
- oversee stock and equipment levels and replenish including stationery orders, greeting cards for staff, general office supplies, etc.
- managing courier and taxi journeys and deliveries, both incoming and outgoing, including logging deliveries and collections, booking and tracking local, national and international couriers
- sorting incoming and outgoing post
- manage staff birthdays, leavers and celebrations
- liaise with photographic assistants, studio assistants, studio manager and the office manager to maintain a clean and tidy entrance, reception, gallery area and print room
- invoice processing
- database management
- reporting to and assisting the office manager with day-to-day as required
- manage studio staff timesheet retrieving and processing in a timely fashion weekly and reporting to appropriate staff
- book meeting rooms and oversee tidiness and preparations for meetings including refreshments, catering, equipment needs
- collaborates with the office manager on ways to continually improve departmental service
- assist in planning company events and use of the gallery for external events
- set-up conference calling when required
- self motivated
- social media savvy
- thorough, organised, with great attention to detail
able to multi-task and work with multiple stake-holders
- able to prioritise effectively under pressure
- friendly and outgoing personality
- professional conduct and well presented
- IT skills, including Office software and database management
- pride in providing vital administrative support
Please sumbut a CV and cover letter using the ‘apply now’ button below.
Candidates unable to prove their right to work in the UK will not be shortlisted.
Please note we apologise in advance but we are unable to respond to every application due to the volume received. Only successful candidates will be contacted.