Re-Creo Architecture is seeking project architects with 8-10 years’ experience to join its team in London.
Re-Creo Architecture is a small design-driven practice looking for two passionate and highly motivated project architects to join our rapidly expanding London team, with a view to progression to associate status.
Our work varies widely in scale and typology with a focus on residential and mixed-use schemes. Our current projects vary from a 12-flat rich courtyard intense urban in-fill scheme, through conversions of historic buildings complemented by with new blocks and terraces (both medium and high end), through a 250-unit sub-urban neighbourhood of houses and flats, up to a new four-acre new mixed-use urban heart that comprises multi-level retail / leisure streets and squares below 8 blocks housing 400 residential units. We are also designing the new 1m sq ft headquarters building for the Royal Omani Police in Muscat.
We create inspiring residential developments that require complex problem-solving skills to deal with a broad range of spatial, design, place-making, urban planning, planning, construction and project viability issues.
Re-creo Architecture work alongside its sister organisation, Re-creo Developments, to advance designs from viability sketch schemes through to completion of construction, bringing a design-led approach to all stages of a project to realise developments that enhance the built environment. We take responsibility to create the vision, drive the schemes through the planning process and take the lead in building them out. We become our own clients, responsible for the outcome of our creative endeavour to our investor partners.
We are seeking two experienced project architects to drive two of the projects forward through their design development and their construction which are shortly due to start on site.
Applicants must have:
- 8-10 years post Part-III experience, mainly within the UK
- comprehensive construction, site and project management experience and have confident technical and organisational skills
- an ability to solve problems, to understand good design and to visualise the detailing to achieve that
- a deep understanding of planning procedures, construction documentation, building regulations and building contracts
- have effective leadership skills to be able to take responsibility for the desired objectives result, have good communication skills and be comfortable with coordinating and directing colleagues, with a view to becoming an associate in the practice
- competency in 3-D BIM software (ArchiCAD preferred), SketchUp and MS office
- the right to work in the UK without restrictions
Progression to associate status would be dependent upon him/her proving his/her:
- ability to lead and to galvanise the support of other architects and third parties
- understanding of the design and construction documentation required
- ability to manage the time and fee implications of such documentation
The successful candidate will receive an attractive salary package and private health insurance. Please submit a copy of your CV and portfolio with a cover letter setting out why you would be a suitable candidate addressed to Mandy Allibone.