Red Engine is hiring a CAD technician with Vectorworks skills to join its team in London.
Hello, we’re Red Engine, the team behind the award-winning global brands Flight Club and Electric Shuffle. We’re obsessed with disrupting the hospitality industry by creating and delivering the best possible experiences, taking traditional pastimes and reinventing them in a spectacular setting.
We do things a little differently here everything you see when you visit one of our venues is done in house. Whether that is interior design, gaming, technology, programme management, or sales, marketing, people, training and finance. We’re a passionate and friendly bunch, who work hard, but make the most of celebrating the wins along the way. We get stuck in and we support each other, with a warm and embracing culture.
With a total of 13 incredible venues throughout the UK (with two more coming to Scotland this year), we have ambitious plans and are never standing still, always looking for ways to innovate and improve. We’re excited to be on the hunt for a CAD technician looking to get stuck into their next opportunity.
The CAD techncian will provide drawing and detailing services for the interior design team and support the senior designers in drawing production, drawing management and detailing for new venues in both the UK and overseas.
You will ensure the technical design, coordination and construction deliverables are aligned to stakeholder expectations, of a high standard and executed within budget and deadlines. You’ll use best practice and your experience to implement and improve processes and efficiency within the interior design team.
This role is based in our London office four days per week, site visits and inspections will require additional time out of the office.
Key responsibilities will include:
- technical drawing work for multiple projects from concept development to completion
- support on space planning layouts for UK and overseas projects with key stakeholders
- assistance with technical development and approvals on projects in relation to planning submissions, licencing, building regulations and life safety compliance on all new UK sites
- supporting the interior design team on overseas projects to ensure design pack coordination and compliance with local building codes and practices
- assist with project related technical matters for architectural and structural design, M&E coordination and liaising with external consultants and contractors
- supporting with quality control over design outputs and review/comment/approve design and technical drawing packages
- site visits and attendance on new UK venue developments may be required
- assisting with design and drawing standards and templates (document and drawing control)
To be successful in this role, you’ll:
- have an architectural technology qualification and extensive industry experience
- be Vectorworks based with excellent skills in 2D and 3D packages including AutoCAD
- have hospitality design experience
- have excellent communication skills and a good problem-solver
- be efficient and highly organised, with great attention to detail
- have an understanding of and experience in delivering projects from concept to construction, in time and on budget
- have a solid understanding of UK building regulations, planning and licensing requirements
- have extensive knowledge of construction detailing
What you’ll get
- competitive pay, annual bonus
- fusion working (our team are regularly in our venues, working collaboratively in our bright offices in Angel or focusing on individual projects with work from home Thursdays)
- staff discount in all venues – 50 per cent off Sunday and Monday, 25 per cent off Tuesday to Saturday and free game hire
- private healthcare
- lifeworks perk programme
- regular team socials
- monthly learning and development classes, quarterly teambuilding events
- summer and Christmas socials
- Help@hand 24/7 health support
- weekly lunch in venue
Fancy joining the family? Apply now via the apply for job button below.