Rees Architects is hiring a Part 2/3 architect to join its team in London.
Rees Architects is a small design oriented practice – working in the private residential sector on well refined refurbishments, extensions, retrofit basements and new builds in and around London, working closely with domestic clients. Rees Architects specialises in providing a full design and management service for clients.
Rees Architects are looking for a talented Part 2 or 3 architect that is proficient in producing detailed drawing packs for tender/construction, concept designs, working with budgets and experienced in contract administration. The candidate must be able to demonstrate their experience in domestic residential projects, experience in concept designs, producing working drawing packs, controlling budgets and running jobs on-site to completion is desirable. Ideally they would have experience working with London Victorian and Georgian properties.
- experienced Part 2 or 3 ARB qualified
- AutoCAD is a must
- NBS specification
- knowledge of RIBA or JCT construction contracts
- hand-sketching and model making desirable
- working on private, residential projects – especially RIBA Stages 4-7
- production of detailed design packs for tender and construction
- joinery and furniture design
- interior design
- contract administration – experience working with other members of the design and construction team, as the lead consultant – desirable
- experience on working with listed building and conservation areas is desirable
- creating design/construction programmes
- excellent knowledge of UK building regulations, and our statutory regulation such as party wall and build over agreements
- strong work ethic, with the ability to manage projects and other team members
- working closely with clients and keeping them updated with project progress
- friendly and personable
- general interest in construction processes, interior design and architecture