Part 3 architect
at Rees Architects
Rees Architects is seeking a Part 3 architect to join its practice in London.
Rees Architects is a small design-oriented practice. It works in the private residential sector on well-refined refurbishments, extensions, retrofit basements and new builds in and around London, working closely with domestic clients. Rees Architects specialises in providing a full design and management service for clients.
Rees Architects are looking for a talented architect that is construction-minded and proficient in producing detailed drawing packs for tender/construction, working with budgets and experienced in contract administration.
The candidate must demonstrate their experience in producing working drawing packs for domestic UK residential projects and site experience through to completion. Ideally, they would have extensive experience working with old London Victorian and Georgian properties.
- Part 3 ARB aualified
- Revit, AutoCAD and Photoshop are a must
- knowledge of RIBA or JCT construction contracts
- working on private, residential projects is key, especially RIBA Stages 4-7
- production of detailed design packs for tender and construction
- an eye for technical construction details
- joinery, kitchen, bathroom and furniture design
- contract administration – experience working with other design and construction team members as the lead consultant
- experience working with listed buildings and conservation areas is desirable
- creating design/construction programmes
- good knowledge of UK building regulations
- strong work ethic, with the ability to manage your own workload and work well with other team members
- working closely with clients and keeping them updated with project progress
- friendly and personable
- general interest in construction processes, design and architecture
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom