Residential Design Solutions is hiring Part 3 architects and Part 2 architectural assistants to join its team in Park Royal, London.
Residential Design Solutions is a London-based architecture company with a newly-opened office in NW10.
We work on bespoke residential projects tailored on our clients’ needs.
Due to the increase of business activities, we are looking for a proactive and fast-learning Part 3 architect and Part 2 architectural assistant to join our team.
The office environment has an open, fast paced, friendly and multicultural environment; we promote equality and share of knowledge for continuous development.
What RDS is looking for in all candidates:
- sociable, ambitious and an excellent team player
- excellent knowledge, a good level of design skills
- good verbal and visual communication
- familiar and experienced through all RIBA stages including the planning and construction
- must be experienced in handling delivering, leading a good set of drawings for construction and tender
- willingness to grow as as individual and and learn
- familiar with contacting clients/ project managers and contractors
- developing plans, elevations and sections using AutoCAD
- prepare presentations using Adobe suite
- create 3D models with SketchUp and/or Rhino
- assist in drafting project documents such as BOQs, SOWs, PWLs
The roles will evolve with the development of the business activities.
The appointed person will be reporting to the design manager on a daily basis and to the managing director on weekly basis.
Applicants will need to demonstrate they have good operational knowledge of AutoCAD and strong design and detailing skills.
- proficiency in spoken and written English
- working knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp/Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator/InDesign, Word, Excel, Outlook
- strong design, detailing and presentation skills
- understanding of project programs and deadlines
- comprehensive knowledge of building regulations
- positive, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- ability to work on more projects at the same time
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- professional manners
- two years’ post-Part 3/Part 2 respectively experience
- knowledge of RIBA work stages
- knowledge of London planning and construction regulations
- previous exposure to UK procurement and construction
- ability to absorb complex briefs and think strategically
- proficiency in additional language(s) is a bonus
Due to the fast growth of the business, serious career progression opportunities are available for the suitable candidate(s).
If you are passionate about design, want to develop the skills to take ownership of your projects and you are looking for a long term opportunity, apply now.
Submit your CV and cover letter, stating your aspirations and interests, availability and desired salary using the ‘apply’ link below.
This position is immediately available.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Residential Design Solutions is an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the large volume of applications expected, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Recruitment agencies will not be considered.