Residential Design Solutions is looking for Part 3 architects and Part 2 architectural assistants to join its team in London.
The practice has an open, fast-paced, friendly, and multicultural environment.
We are seeking a creative and talented Part 2 and 3 architects to work with our team on a variety of projects including residential and commercial new build redevelopments, house extension and conversion, and design refurbishment projects.
The position requires part-time Part 2 architectural assistants and Part 3 architects with strong design and detailing skills and the ability to lead a project from concept to completion.
The suitable candidate needs to have a minimum of four to seven years of experience around the UK after Part 3 qualification. Experience in the RIBA 4-7 stages is required.
Part 3 architect will be responsible for both minor and major architectural projects.
- must be able to evaluate, select, and implement architectural procedures and techniques to complete projects
- must be proficient to prepare reports and specifications upon request
- must be able to supervise and guide the work of lower-level architects and professionals and coordinating with subcontractors
- must be able to report to the manager on a daily basis about progress and concerns
- must be able to work independently and collaboratively in nature
Architects duties and responsibilities:
- lead and develop projects from early concept through design and technical development
- prepare drawings, specifications, and construction documents
design and document commercial and industrial building projects
- consult with clients to determine their requirements
- coordinate preliminary architectural studies for major new structures and alterations to existing structures and site development
- organise and manage permit documents
- work with teams across business lines, in remote locations, and coordinate with subcontractors
- resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions
- modify existing plans and elevations to fit client and sales needs
- proficient in spoken and written English, with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- architect 3 must be registered with ARB (RIBA is strongly desirable)
excellent CAD skills
- proficient in SketchUp/Rhino, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office
- excellent design, detailing and presentation skills
- understanding of project programs and deadlines
- strong knowledge of building regulations and all RIBA work stages (0-7)
- strong knowledge of London planning policies
- strong technical expertise and knowledge of current construction methods
- ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, excellent timekeeping skills
- experience in managing a team of professionals
Salary depending on experience.
Due to the fast growth of the business, serious career progression opportunities are available for the suitable candidate.
Submit your CV and cover letter, stating your aspirations and interests, availability and the desired salary using the ‘apply’ link below.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
We are preferably looking for part-time architects and freelancers who can work independently.
Residential Design Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Due to the large volume of applications expected, only successful candidates will be contacted. Recruitment agencies will not be considered.