RIBA is hiring an awards manager to join its hybrid and remote team in London.
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: c£33,000 per annum
Location: London/hybrid/remote working
Hours: full time (35 hours per week)
Contract: fixed-term contract for 12 months
Why join us?
The RIBA offers an amazing employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 27 days plus bank holidays and paid closure of three discretionary days between Christmas and New Year. For more details on our benefits please visit our website.
About the role
Do you have a passion for architecture, buildings and the people that make them?
RIBA Awards and Honours are a key part of the RIBA’s work and are hugely valued by our members and everyone with an interest in architecture. We are looking for a pro-active and pragmatic awards manager to join our busy awards team in this challenging and rewarding role. The awards manager is responsible for the delivery of the RIBA awards programme from the point of entry through to the announcement of our winners, working alongside entrants and nominees, juries, nominators, media partners, building owners and clients. The awards programmes includes the International Awards, RIBA Honorary Fellowships and the Royal Gold Medal; and the UK Regional and National Awards culminating in the RIBA Stirling Prize.
The awards team is central to a network of stakeholders, both internal and external.
This is a hands-on and varied role that involves:
- communications with many different teams within the RIBA, architects, and other key external stakeholders to ensure the judging process is thorough and rigorous and that key materials, such as judging information, media collateral and digital assets are up to date and of a high standard
- day to day management of the awards process, including our awards entry system, updates on the website, arranging and attending jury visits and meetings
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- excellent knowledge and passion for architecture from either study, professional experience or personal interest
- experience of delivering an awards programme and/or an understanding of the purpose and objectives of such programmes, combined with excellent project management skills
- organisational and administrative skills to deliver the awards programme on time and on budget. This may involve extensive travel across the UK
- an understanding of the marketing tools and techniques used to promote awards to members and the public and assist the RIBA to fulfil its remit to promote architecture
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- stakeholder management experience and the ability to build strong relationships
- self-starter with a positive attitude, who can use their initiative and take decisions/move projects on in the absence of the Head of Awards
- ability to plan and prioritise workload in order to manage a number of demanding projects at the same time
- good knowledge of Microsoft Office and related applications
Closing date: Friday, 3 March 2023
Interview date: w/c 13 March 2023
Due to high volumes of applications we are unable to respond to everyone, however, should you be shortlisted for interview we will be in touch. We may also close an advert earlier than the date above if we receive enough quality applications.
Please note that you must be able to demonstrate that you have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to proceed with any candidates who cannot show the relevant documentation so please only apply if you meet these criteria. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to building an authentic and diverse environment where all are encouraged to be themselves. We champion work/life balance and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation. We value applications from all sections of society and appreciate divergent experience, therefore if you are excited about the role and working with us, yet your past experience may not align perfectly with every single skill or competency, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Registered Charity No. 210566