Rice Design Alliance is seeking an associate director of development to join its team in Houston, USA.
Rice Design Alliance
Rice Design Alliance (RDA) was established within the Rice School of Architecture in 1972 to develop the school’s outreach and public programs. Its mission is to facilitate an understanding of how design influences the built and natural environment through multidisciplinary public programs and projects that empower academics, architects, engineers, design professionals, and the broader Houston community in an effort to transform our city into a better place to live and a global model for the twenty-first century. More information about RDA can be found on our website.
This position reports to the executive director of RDA and works closely under the guidance and direction of the director of development. This role assumes responsibility for all of Rice Design Alliance’s fundraising efforts, which encompass individual giving, annual membership, corporate engagement, grant-writing, special events, and board relations. The overall RDA staff works closely as a team on all aspects of RDA’s mission.
- three years of professional experience in non-profit organization or academic setting
- a record of success in expanding donor participation in giving efforts
A high-level skill set in the following areas:
- planning events
- working with funding software (specifically Blackbaud CRM)
- strategic thinking
- discretion and excellent judgment
- problem solving
- verbal and written communication
- organization and time management
- working under pressure
- team-centered tasks
- in collaboration with the executive director and school’s director of development, develop an overall fundraising strategy for Rice Design Alliance
- in collaboration with the fundraising chair, lead all activities of the fundraising committee, including preparing meeting agendas, setting meeting goals, and providing assistance to fundraising chair
- identify prospects, research, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors to Rice Design Alliance. This includes individuals, corporations, foundations, and annual members
- provide strategic oversight to the executive director and advisory boards on all fundraising initiatives
- in collaboration with the executive director and school’s director of development, interface with the dean, faculty, alumni, RDA membership, and other university leaders to identify areas of collaboration and mutual benefit
- solicit corporate sponsorship for RDA programming
Gala and special events:
- plan and organize various fundraising events for RDA, including but not limited to an annual gala, membership events, and traveling programs
- provide reports on financial activity to the board and executive director, track effectiveness of fundraising events, and make adjustments to ensure fundraising goals are met
- manage membership database and oversee membership committee activities
- actively participate in and provide strategic oversight for the RDA Board and relevant sub-committees
- work closely with executive committee to identify prospects and solicit gifts to meet fundraising goals
- coordinate volunteers for fundraising events and efforts
This full-time position is benefits-eligible and salary is commensurate with experience. Rice University is committed to affirmative action and equal opportunity in education and employment. Rice does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, disability or veteran status in admissions, educational programs, or employment.
Equal opportunity employer: females, minorities, veterans, disabled, sexual orientation, gender identity.