Riis Retail has an opportunity for a senior product designer to join its firm in Aarhus or Kolding, Denmark.
Are you our new creative dynamic, colleague, for our newly established business unit – RIIS Product Division?
For our office in Aarhus or Kolding Denmark we are seeking a senior product designer.
RIIS is one of Europe’s leading companies within product development and establishment of turn-key concepts for retail, workspaces and hospitality. We specialize in complete and intelligent processes and solutions, from ideation of concepts and products, through workshops to detailed and technical design and product engineering.
About the opportunity
For our newly-established department Riis Product Design Division, (an internal creative business unit for new ideas and product design) Riis is now hiring a senior product designer with product and conceptual passion and experience in design thinking and product development and manufacturing, this may be your opportunity!
We are looking for an experienced, creative and dynamic, forward-thinking senior product designer to join our product design team in Kolding, to work with us on new product designs and development, in general leading the whole process from idea-conception, prototyping to pre-production, roll-out. As an experienced senior product designer, the position will involve leading product and concept development with our team of designers and creative brand managers in cooperation with our clients and partners, from ideating, proofing, editing, and approving designs. You will be directly responsible as brand ambassador for the product development, creativity and delivery of quality and details on the projects the team is overseeing.
Role and responsibilities:
- own the product conceptual development, direction and delivery of conceptual and visual design projects across multiple channels including retail, hospitality, and other related special-design
- support our creative brand managers at RIIS, to develop the visual language and design patterns of our future and current customers products
- work across different concept-forms, including existing concepts, new developments, product design, special-events and exhibition design
- drive and promote internal awareness of design trends, brand standards and processes, through a design culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing
- gather customer feedback and conduct sure testing to validate design decisions
- you’ll be the lead on new brand related product development, and reviews, ensuring that communication internally as well as externally reflects our aesthetics and values (in collaboration with our creative brand managers at RIIS)
- present and communicate product concepts and creative solutions with clarity, effectively selling in ideas, to a variety of stakeholders
- collaborate with cross-functional brand partners to ensure consumer and brand impact and focus
- contributing to setting creative and assignment related priorities for the team
- lead the execution of creative strategies to ensure end to end creative excellence, from sell-in to sellout (consumer-facing)
Concept and product:
- assure conceptual, product and brand identity language through research and brainstorming with others. Evaluate product design ideas based on factors such as appearance, materials engineering, budget, price, cost, production, and market characteristics
- develop products and innovative ideas from sources such as research, materials. manufactures and current product line, trending articles etc.
- translate product and concept ideas into illustrative, hand drawn design mockups, create prototypes for presentation and selection for quote and production
- ensure our work is launched effectively in all relations
- continually evaluate trends in recognition to our products
- continuously look for new opportunities, to introduce new product concepts/categories
- translate conceptual ideas into physical, illustrative drawings for product concepts
- create final presentation and for delivery to colleagues and/or product vendors
Our ideal candidate:
- a degree from an accredited school of architecture, interior design or interior architecture
- five+ years of design experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, in the product design industry or experience with retail, hospitality or restaurant design
- strong portfolio that demonstrates a variety of design collateral for both conceptual and product design
- advanced Illustration skills of product design ideas and details
- proven experience in developing successful product design pitches, workshops and concepts
- proven ability to work on multiple products and projects simultaneously and to effectively contribute to all phases of design process
- ability to translate customer requirements and ideas, into products and concepts that serve their purpose
- proven production and material skills
- proven organisational and time management skills
- strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of various organisations
- ability to work independently, manage goals and deadlines
- detail-oriented, team-player, self-starter and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- occasional travel including international required 30 days per year
For more information
Please contact: senior manager Morten Bro Bjerregaard, mobile +45 5387 4777 or email@example.com.
To apply for the position, you must submit the application, CV and portfolio via the link below as soon as possible. We process the incoming applications continuously.
Start time: July-August by appointment.