Rivington Street Studio is recruiting a practice manager to join its architecture office in London.
Rivington Street Studio strives to be at the forefront of new sustainable construction and to deliver buildings that are beautiful, practical, defect free and value for money. We have an open office atmosphere fostering debate and interaction which is mutually supportive, beneficial and motivating.
Working closely with directors and the senior team, the practice manager is a core and valued part of our business. The ideal candidate will be highly organised, able to prioritise and multitask, have good problem-solving skills and show a high level of attention to detail. This is a hands-on role and they will support the team across a wide range of tasks. They will be willing to pitch-in where necessary to ensure the smooth operations of our office.
We are excited to hear from candidates with the relevant experience or those looking to take the next step up in their career. We welcome applicants from a broad range of experiences and professional backgrounds. Above all we are looking for someone proactive and excited to contribute to our practice.
Financial management responsibilities are a core part of the job and include:
- preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of financial records using Xero bookkeeping software and preparing, with the directors, financial reviews and projections
- liaising with senior architectural staff to carry out job invoicing and costing linking to our project resources software
- dealing with all company banking matters
- liaising with our third party payroll company
- dealing with insurance policies and professional membership subscriptions and renewals
- preparation of year-end documentation and figures for our accountants
Practice management and administrative support responsibilities include:
- support to the directors in business planning
- direct line management of the office administrative assistant and carrying out the administrative assistant’s tasks when they are absent or when they need support to meet deadlines
- coordination of general practice procedures and premises management
- assisting with new staff inductions and maintaining all staff records
- fulfil the role of data protection officer to meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Competitive salaries are offered depending on experience.
Rivington Street Studio is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We are keen to hear from people from all backgrounds and encourage applications from under-represented groups in order to build a business that reflects society around us. Rivington Street Studio is a London Living Wage Employer and an Employee-Owned Trust. We offer a friendly and collaborative office culture and a genuine work/life balance.
Please submit a CV and cover letter (max 10 MB) via the apply for job button below.
The closing date for applications is 7 December 2023 but we will commence interviewing before this date. The preferred start date is January 2023. We look forward to hearing from you.
The new practice manager will be joining Rivington Street Studio at an exciting time as the office is moving to a new location in Whitechapel in early 2024.
Please note due to the volume of applicants we will only respond to applicants shortlisted to interview.