RMIT Vietnam is seeking a lecturer in illustration and design to join its team in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
Job no: 576450
Work type: full time – fixed term/contract
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Communication and Design
At RMIT Vietnam, we believe that creative minds should be challenged, inspired and cultivated. The School of Communication and Design is building Vietnam’s creative leaders of tomorrow through interdisciplinary programs in the fields of communication, design, architecture, fashion and film.
Our unique programs embed theory and technical skills within creative and professional practice to ensure that graduates are both knowledgeable and work-ready. The emphasis throughout teaching and our student’s work is to be experimental, ethical and exceptional.
The aim of the School of Communication and Design over the next three years is for RMIT Vietnam to be acknowledged as having the most respected creative school in Vietnam.
The role and key responsibilities
The lecturer/associate lecturer in illustration and design will be expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the university, within the School of Communication and Design, specifically within undergraduate programmes. The successful candidate will also actively promote the programs by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities.
The appointee will be teaching across two programmes in the School of Communication and Design: Digital Media and Design Studies, with an emphasis on design studies.
Key selection criteria:
- master degree (for associate lecturer) or PhD (for lecturer) roles
Applicants are expected to possess most of the following capabilities:
- proven proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- proven proficiency in Digital painting and/or Vector illustration
- proven proficiency with traditional media (drawing, painting etc)
- proven proficiency in teaching such subjects as typography, publication design, graphics, branding etc
- proven knowledge of industry-standard illustration and design publication workflows
- proven ability to lecture on the topic of art and design history (desired, not required)
- proven proficiency in any other design or software skill (3D, animation, product design etc)
- actively engaged in design practice
- recognised research and/or exhibition profile
- strong team player with an inclusive and collaborative approach
- at least five years relevant experience, teaching in a university environment
To find out more
For further information about this role, please visit our career website.
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent).
Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese work permit process.
Applications close on June 5 2019