RMIT Vietnam is looking for a lecturer in digital media to join its team in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Job no: 576451
Work type: full-time – fixed-term/contract
Location: Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Communication and Design
At RMIT Vietnam, we believe that creative minds should be challenged, inspired and cultivated. The School of Communication and Design is building Vietnam’s creative leaders of tomorrow through interdisciplinary programs in the fields of communication, design, architecture, fashion and film.
Our unique programs embed theory and technical skills within creative and professional practice to ensure that graduates are both knowledgeable and work-ready. The emphasis throughout teaching and our student’s work is to be experimental, ethical and exceptional.
The aim of the School of Communication and Design over the next three years is for RMIT Vietnam to be acknowledged as having the most respected creative school in Vietnam.
The role and key responsibilities
The lecturer/associate lecturer in digital media will be expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the university, within the School of Communication and Design, specifically within undergraduate programmes. The successful candidate will also actively promote the programs by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities.
The appointee will be teaching across two programs in the School of Communication and Design: Digital Media and Design Studies, with an emphasis on digital media.
Key selection criteria
Master degree (for associate lecturer) or PhD (for lecturer) roles.
Applicants are expected to be experienced digital media artists, and to possess, or be capable of developing the following capabilities:
- compositing, using After Effects or Nuke
- motion graphics, using After Effects
- 2D and 3D animation
- colour grading
- coding in C# for Unity
- VR/AR using Unity
- 3D modelling, using 3ds Max
- 3D sculpting, using Mudbox or Zbrush
- photogrammetry, using Meshroom, Substance Designer or similar software
- texturing, using Substance Painter or similar software
- ability to lecture on the topic of digital design history (desired, not required)
- proficiency in any other design or software skill (visual effects, product design etc.)
- actively engaged in design/ creative practice
- recognised research and/or exhibition profile
- strong team player with an inclusive and collaborative approach
- at least five years’ relevant experience, teaching in a university environment
To find out more
For further information about this role, please visit our career website.
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent).
Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese work permit process.
Applications close on June 5 2019