Robert Bray Associates is seeking a senior landscape architect to join its team in Bristol, UK.
Full Time – 37.5 hours per week (Part-time minimum four days considered)
Who you are
You are a landscape architect, holding a degree and diploma or masters in landscape architecture (or equivalent) and CMLI. You feel ready to become a senior member of staff or may already be operating at this level.
You will be motivated and passionate about your work, able to operate confidently in a busy design studio, and be someone who thrives on the creative and technical aspects of landscape architecture.
You are proactive and eager to get involved with all aspects of practice including managing junior members of staff, project managing, client liaison, and assisting with the day to day running of the practice.
You will have experience working in creative practice at all project stages including experience of detailed design through construction. Ideally you will have experience of working with water management/SuDS, but this is not essential, and we will provide on the job training to the right candidate.
Who we are
We are an award-winning landscape architects specialising in climate-resilient, planet-friendly, healthy & socially valued places.
Our mission is to respond to the very real needs of health and wellbeing, climate resilience and damage to the natural environment in creative ways to make beautiful and successful landscapes and developments that work harder for a sustainable future. We also want to enjoy what we do and get deep fulfilment from our work.
- degree and diploma or MA in landscape architecture (or equivalent) and CMLI
- proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
- technically competent
- willingness to learn and adapt
- good communicator (verbal, written and graphic)
- proactive attitude
- experience project running including coordinating junior members of staff and liaising with wider design team
- able to work to deadlines effectively
- ability to prioritise workload and focus on multiple tasks simultaneously
- passionate about sustainability and creative problem solving
- willingness to travel within the UK and potentially further afield
- full UK driving licence
- proficiency in a wider range of design software
- previous experience working with sustainable design and water management/SuDS
- additional qualifications e.g. MA urban design, project management
- working knowledge of BIM
- experience working on Mac
A brief message outlining your experience, why you’d like to work for Robert Bray Associates, and salary expectation with a copy of your CV and portfolio through the ‘apply’ link below.