Robert Myers Associates is recruiting a senior landscape architect to join its studio in Cambridge, UK.
Robert Myers Associates is an award-winning landscape architecture practice, with studios in Cambridge and Worcestershire. We specialise in designing contemporary landscapes in historically and culturally significant settings, and work in many different contexts, urban and rural. Our clients include developers, institutions such as cathedrals, universities, schools, private individuals and rural estates. We particularly enjoy working with architects and wider design teams to create or renew public spaces that unite new and existing buildings. We are known for our attention to detail and the high quality of our finished schemes, no matter the scale.
As creative head of the practice, Robert is involved in every project at the start; he is based mainly in Worcestershire but visits the Cambridge studio regularly. Our landscape architects work in both offices, with a studio manager in Cambridge, and finance and PR based in Worcestershire.
About the role
We are seeking a senior landscape architect or architect, with a degree in landscape architecture/architecture, to join our busy Cambridge studio. They will manage commercial projects from planning through to completion on-site, with responsibility for budget control and invoicing. The ability to engage with and communicate ideas to clients is key, and the successful applicant will be experienced in delivering schemes on site. From the off, the successful candidate’s work will include significant urban sites in Cambridge including a number of brown field developments from the planning stages to construction on site.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- experience of project management, particularly RIBA Stages 3-6
- ability to work efficiently, prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- proven ability to lead a team and encourage collaborative working
- rigorous attention to detail and quality of work
- the ambition to make a positive contribution to a practice
- confident with a range of people, from clients to contractors
- excellent IT literacy including Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, SketchUp and Microsoft Office packages
- minimum of three years’ post-chartership/RIBA Part 3 experience
- experience of report writing
- working knowledge of Vectorworks
- experience of working with BIM
- experience of teaching and/or mentoring other team members
- full driving licence and access to a vehicle
- candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
- a competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the right candidate, commensurate with experience
Please send your CV, together with a covering letter and three examples of your design work by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.