Robert Rhodes Architecture + Interiors is looking for a project architect to join its team in London.
The project architect should be a confident and motivated architect with experience running residential projects.
RRA+I is a design-led architectural practice based in London, focussing on bespoke residential architecture for private clients. We are currently looking to expand our practice with a full-time Part-III architect on a permanent contract. The candidate must be organised, efficient, and have the ability to manage the entire administrative process of each project and other members of the design team.
The role carries significant responsibilities and an opportunity for someone wanting to become pivotal to the continuing development of a successful practice.
Candidates will be expected to work autonomously as both a project architect and a studio lead, designing and leading the production of drawing packages, and overseeing tender and construction stages with minimal direction. Candidates will be expected to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The role will be client facing.
Key responsibilities will include:
Production and project management:
- RIBA Stage 0 and 1 information production
- design production and coordination – RIBA Stages 2 – 4
- consultant management
- contract administration RIBA Stages 5 – 7
- CDM information and coordination
- operations and resource management
- project planning, production and monitoring
- CPD coordination
Experience, skills, and knowledge
- Part-III qualified ARB architect, with at least two years post Part-III experience
- a good all-rounder, with UK residential job-running experience at all RIBA stages
- excellent design skills and ability to convey ideas quickly through hand sketching
- excellent construction detailing skills
- proficiency in AutoCAD 2D, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite
- excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- ability to develop junior staff and prepare them for future roles
- the ability to pursue the practice and project goals with a relaxed, calm attitude
To apply please send a cover letter, CV, concise portfolio, notice period requirements, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Part III Project Architect Application” as the subject of your email.
Application closing date: Friday, 26 Jan 2018 at 5pm.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. The start date is negotiable, but ideally as soon as possible.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we expect to receive, we can only contact candidates selected for interview.
RRA+I is an equal opportunities employer. Applications are encouraged from citizens of all European Union countries, not just the UK. Applicants not already residents in London will not be considered. No work visas will be sponsored.
No agencies please.