Roman and Williams is seeking a junior designer to join its team in New York.
Recognised for iconic New York spaces such as the Standard Hotel, the Boom Boom Room, the Ace Hotel and Le Coucou, Roman and Williams is an award-winning architectural and interior design firm in NoHo. Each of our projects demonstrates a detailed and comprehensive design vision, making each a unique guest experience. Roman and Williams is currently engaged in an international roster of projects in the cultural, institutional, hospitality, retail and residential spheres.
Our office seeks an architect with two to four years’ professional experience to work on a team managing multiple projects at once. At Roman and Williams, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to executing thoughtful projects with beauty and guest experience as our main objectives.
You will contribute to the production, coordination and management of projects from design concept design through construction administration.
Applicants should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and demonstrate a strong ability in the following:
- ability to collaborate with consultants and work on a project team
- formal education or working background in architecture
- construction documentation level drawing work, including highly articulate design detailing. Proficiency with traditional architectural vocabulary and the fundamentals of building construction and assembly
- hospitality experience is a plus
- strong graphics and visual presentation skills
- fluency in AutoCAD and Adobe CS
- working experience in 3D modeling, for purposes of design studies. Rendering acumen is a plus
- dexterity with hand drawing
The applicant should be organised, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and willing to take on a variety of tasks. Strong verbal and written communications skills, time management and the ability to multi-task will be required.
Full portfolios should include DD and CD-level drawing Sets, any process or hand sketches, custom furniture and lighting drawings, and imagery of completed projects. SKs, shop drawing markups and site-generated sketches are also appreciated. Please submit with resume/CV.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio/work samples in PDF format via the ‘apply’ link below.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United States