Roman and Williams is seeking a visualisation designer/3D artist to join its team in New York.
Recognised for iconic New York spaces such as the Standard Hotel, the Boom Boom Room, the Ace Hotel and Le Coucou, Roman and Williams is an award-winning architectural and interior design firm in NoHo. Each of our projects demonstrates a detailed and comprehensive design vision, making each a unique guest experience. Roman and Williams is currently engaged in an international roster of projects in the cultural, institutional, hospitality, retail and residential spheres.
Our office seeks an architect with two to five years’ professional experience to work specifically within the rendering and visualisations department of the studio, in a full time capacity, working across multiple projects at once. At Roman and Williams, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to executing thoughtful projects with beauty and guest experience as our main objectives.
You will contribute to the production and coordination of visualisation projects within active design phases.
Applicants should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and demonstrate a strong ability in the following:
- ability to collaborate and work on a project team
- proficiency and experience with Revit, Autocad, and/or Rhino, both modelling and rendering. Ultimately all models are imported into Revit for final rendering, and post-production may be undertaken in Photoshop. We seek a technically proficient professional to support our current rendering efforts and bring technological expertise to our team
- command of highly articulate architectural language for sophisticated environment modelling. Command of decorative and furniture-scale design for sophisticated furniture and lighting modelling. Mastery of modelling of upholstered, drapery, textiles, and otherwise delicately textured and modelled surfaces is a must
- strong graphics and visual presentation skills
- fluency in Adobe CS
- dexterity with hand drawing or rendering capabilities is a plus, but not required
The applicant should be organised, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and willing to take on a variety of scales of modelling – architectural and decorative. Strong verbal and written communications skills, time management and the ability to multi-task will be required.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio/work samples in PDF format via the ‘apply’ link below.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United States