Roman and Williams is seeking an intermediate/senior FFE designer to join its team in New York.
Roman and Williams, a high profile interior and architectural design firm in New York City, seeks an intermediate to senior level interior designer to join us on a variety of interesting and prestigious projects – most specifically on our team focused on hospitality projects both domestically and internationally – resorts, hotels, clubs, and restaurants amongst them.
The backbone of Roman and Williams is a fundamental approach to narrative and an ethos rather than a style – our use of interesting and fine materials coupled with fine craftsmanship to create spaces which can endure changing taste and changing times. As a designer, you will have an opportunity to bring your voice to this ambitious goal. This position requires a highly-motivated interior designer or architect with a minimum of 5+ years of experience and welcomes applicants on multiple experience levels with a wide range of projects.
Qualities of an ideal applicant would include strong organizational skills, flexibility in multi-tasking, resourcefulness, self-motivation, curiosity, strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to work within a team, and of course great taste. The ideal candidate would be able to think and work at both the broadest and smallest scale of the design process and to comfortably pivot between the creative responsibilities of the position as well as the logistic. There absolutely are production responsibilities with this position, and it requires a command of the entirety of creative process and the ability to move at a fast and intense pace. This is an outstanding opportunity for a designer to work on significant projects which have tremendous cultural impact and visibility – projects of this calibre require an appetite for pro-active creative and logistic work.
Other responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
Sourcing materiality, often including research and development for project-specific materiality
- vintage and production furniture sourcing
- custom FF&E drawing and development, including coordination with vendors and fabricators and within a hotel operator’s brand standards
- budgets, both generating them and managing a project’s FFE in coordination with that budget
- liase with procurement agent to uphold and maintain RW’s design intent
- strong vendor partnerships, communication and management
- working on presentation sketches/renderings. Includes imagery research and composition.
The ability to present internally to principals and externally to clients
- documenting FFE/finish specifications
Job qualifications (required):
- proficiency in AutoCAD, the Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office
- strong communication
Applicants should be able to work with standard computer production programs such as AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft office, etc. CD level interior design production and coordination experience is a plus. Applicants with previous experience in furniture design or hospitality work will also be more strongly considered. Architects who have had interior design experience are welcome to apply.
Full portfolios should include
Hand sketches, DD and CD-level drawing sets, custom furniture and lighting drawings, material and mood boards for both specific projects as well as those that communicate your own creative point of view, and imagery of completed projects. Please submit with resume/CV.
Job type: full-time
- please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio/work samples in PDF format using the ‘apply’ link below.
- please title your email: (your name) – RW FFE designer – hospitality – application
- please copy your cover letter into the body of the email
- please attach your resume and work samples documents in PDF format only, or via Dropbox link. Please keep files to a reasonable size, for ease of digital distribution
This position is only available to applicants based in the United States