Rose Uniacke is seeking a product designer to join its team in London.
Rose Uniacke is an award-winning modern luxury interior designer based in London and known for her range of contemporary interior designs, antique curation and self-designed furniture, lighting, and fabrics.
The product designer will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of bespoke in-house designed furniture, lighting, and some homewares for the company’s interiors projects. The role primarily involves part-ideation, the creation of technical drawings and the successful development of items that are specified for interiors projects. The role involves working closely with all members of the RU team and with our makers.
- work alongside the head of product development in delivering bespoke or custom and new furniture and lighting to specification for RU Interiors projects
- to ideate and CAD lighting, furniture, and homewares
- to occasionally attend the workshops of maker with the Head of department
- manage the sampling of new items, the product materials library, and their storage within the studio.
- good standard of hand sketching
- experience in the production of furniture and lighting for the interiors industry
- good understanding of metal, stone, and wood fabrication
- good ability to 3D model in Solidworks and/or SketchUp with intermediate rendering skills. Solidworks preferable. Rhino optional
- must be collaborative and have experience of working in teams
- experience communicating professionally with makers and the supply chain
- a self-starter who is comfortable working on solo projects and in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- great at multitasking with good attention to detail
- excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- the ability to be numerate