at Ruff Architects
Ruff Architects is looking for a studio manager to join its team in London.
Ruff Architects is a progressive and ambitious practice, based in central London and the southwest. Our co-created values are central to our collaborative approach and close-knit studio. We are looking for a focussed, organised and proactive studio manager to join the team in our Soho studio on a full-time basis.
The role has considerable breadth, touching on all aspects of studio life. It will require a flexible approach with a strong ability to manage challenges and projects to enable efficient and effective operational running of the business.
An understanding of architectural practice and a background in design or the arts would be an advantage but is not a requirement.
- studio manager covering all day-to-day requirements of a lively and ambitious architectural practice
- PA to the director, including diary control, travel booking, mailbox management, task management
- project team assistance and document management, including document handling and uploading, pack preparation and meeting management
- employee engagement and support, including new joiner set up, upholding studio policies and procedures
- bid, competition and award co-ordination, including close working with the director to prepare submissions and proactively identifying opportunities
- new business development support, including contact list updating and targets, event and networking research
- marketing and social media duties, including tracking monthly and yearly coverage targets, proactively targeting publications with project and news opportunities, website updating, implementing social media campaigns
- IT troubleshooting, including licence and software renewals, filing management, hardware management and liaising with IT support
- studio CPD and training and learning programme management
- proactive ownership of six-weekly studio trip/activity booking, as well as celebrations and events
- point of contact internally and externally managing incoming calls, post and administration mailboxes
- administrative duties such as holiday request, filing, stationery, ordering supplies and office organisation
We are looking for candidates with three years’ minimum experience with qualities that include:
- personal assistant experience
- confident in Microsoft tools such as Word and Excel
- experience with Workflow Max or similar project management system would be an advantage
- demonstrated interest in the bid process and business development
- marketing management experience
- GDPR and ISO compliancy awareness would be an advantage
- experience with InDesign preferred
- excellent communication and written skills
- an interest in architecture and the built environment
- discrete, personable and professional
- strong team player
Our focus is very much on having the right type of person working for us, so if you have some but not all of these skills and enjoy working in a varied role as part of a positive culture we’d love to hear from you.
Salary range dependant on experience.
Ruff Architects is an equal opportunities employer – we are keen to receive applications from a diverse range of candidates, and actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups.