RWD is seeking a senior FF&E designer to join its team in Hampshire, UK.
Senior FF&E designer – fixed-term contract at RWD – Original British Yacht Design
Passionate about design? Amazing creative talent? Driven to succeed? Then RWD could be the place for you.
RWD is a world-class superyacht design studio based on the south coast and we are looking for a passionate individual to join our RWD family as a senior FF&E designer.
Reporting to the head of FF&E, the senior FF&E designer is responsible for managing large projects, working with the creative team, liaising with the team principal to ensure that the projects are delivered on time, in budget and to an exceptional standard that aligns to the brief. The senior FF&E designer is responsible for concept development, project management and client presentations. In addition, the senior FF&E designer is instrumental in providing guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team within the wider company team structure.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- understand and interpret the client brief to develop concepts for projects
- develop the FF&E concept ensuring it relates to the broader interior and exterior design
- selecting furniture, materials and finishes and creating engaging and outstanding client presentations
- brief and manage production of bespoke items
- produce accurate specification document including all necessary information
- liaising with the client and shipyard to ensure materials selected are compliant and meet the client’s brief
- work closely with FF&E buyers to ensure the project procurement stays on time and in budget
- understand from the client team the tax and export position of the vessel and ensure that all compliance is met; briefing the FF&E buyer and FF&E accountant on the requirements
- leading and mentoring junior team members, monitoring work and output – ensuring company quality is maintained at all times
- building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers, shipyards and client teams
- keeping current with industry trends and developments and any technical developments
- attending industry fairs to source new suppliers and expand the FF&E library
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- excellent written English and verbal communication skills
- significant experience of luxury design and decoration projects for HNWI, including yachts
- experience managing projects through to final installation and aftercare
- ability to manage and inspire junior members of the team
- good knowledge of material, finishes and suppliers
- strong IT skills including MS Office and especially Photoshop, InDesign, Excel and AutoCAD
- flexible attitude
- interest and knowledge in the latest design trends
- bility to multi-task, prioritise, work to deadline and manage own time
- good interpersonal skills
- natural enthusiasm and energy
- client satisfaction
- 360-degree feedback from team
- achievement of personal objectives agreed in the performance review
- embodiment of the company values
All applications should include a covering letter, full CV and portfolio.
If you are highly creative, fun, want fresh air and an opportunity to paddleboard in your lunch break, then get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.