Sam Jacob Studio is currently looking for a studio manager to join its London-based practice.
Sam Jacob Studio for architecture and design is a collaborative practice that makes buildings, places, objects and strategies. We work with a wide range of major cultural clients including the V&A, the Design Museum, the Science Museum as well as with developers and local authorities.
We are looking for an administrator and office manager who is motivated, creative, and organised to take responsibility for the smooth running of our Islington-based studio.
The role will include coordinating the office, contributing to bids and other new business opportunities, supporting projects through research and managing our online store.
The right candidate should be fluent in English and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You need to be highly organised, able to prioritise tasks and manage your time efficiently. You should be proficient in Microsoft Office and preferably Indesign.
- assisting in all aspects of practice admin
- financial support to include invoicing, purchasing and bank reconciliation using online software
- coordinate and produce bids, PQQs and client presentations
- diary management
- staff management
- organising team events
- producing and circulating press releases and marketing materials
- maintain practice filing system
- undertake other administrative tasks such as travel arrangements, expenses, binding, photocopying and printing
- front of house receptionist and day-to-day running of the office
- manage and develop our online retail presence
Qualities and experience:
- previous office experience
- Microsoft Office Suite including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel
- experience using Adobe Creative Suite is highly desirable
- excellent organisational and time management skills
- exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- attention to detail
- a team player who shows a positive and professional attitude towards projects and colleagues
- reliable, flexible and adaptable
- enthusiasm for architecture and design
You must be comfortable being independent and making decisions. This position will suit you if you have good interpersonal and presentation skills and office management experience. You need to be self-directed and have organisational and problem-solving skills. The role could be considered on a full or part-time basis.
Apply with a covering letter outlining your qualifications and demonstrating how your skills and experience and skills match the job description. Please also state your current notice period.