Sarah Wigglesworth Architects is seeking an office and marketing coordinator to join its team in London.
Sarah Wigglesworth Architects is a small, well established and highly reputable practice, located in north London. We are based in an award winning, ecological office, designed by Sarah Wigglesworth, our founding director, and as an environmentally focused practice, sustainability is at the heart of what we do. Our office represents many of the company’s core values, demonstrating an ethic of research, sustainability, low impact and respect for resources.
Office and marketing coordinator
As a strong communicator and collaborator you will play a key role in the ensuring all of our external communication is visual engaging and represents our practice’s values to a high level of quality.
Reporting to the operations manager and the director, you will lead on creating new marketing strategies and help generate content for the practice across a range of platforms and promotional material; including management of our web site, social media accounts and contact database. Additionally, you will also assist the studio team with project, practice and business development related tasks.
24 hours per week, with core days to be discussed.
£26,000.00 pa. (FTE)
How to apply
Please download the full job pack here and send your application to email@example.com
Applications deadline is 5pm Friday 4th December 2020. However we welcome early applications.
Main duties (not exhaustive)
Marketing and PR:
- being the first point of connect with our PR consultants and press enquires
- ensuring efficient communication between SWA and PR consultants and be responsible for following up on actions throughout the month, updating minutes and arranging meetings
- lead on updating the practice’s social media channels and creating content for posts
- driving content development and creating copy for the practice’s web site and quarterly newsletter, ensuring input from wider team
- organising awards submissions and project presentations by liaising with organisers and coordinating input from others
- devising long and short-term social media campaigns and organising team input
- alongside the director and the operations manager, help to develop marketing strategies in line with the practice business plan
- alongside the operations manager, help ensure new communication systems and protocols are adapted and used correctly
New business support:
- assisting others to research new business opportunities and align with practice templates and documents
- formatting of templates and documents to assist with ITT responses and presentations
- organising staff photos and ensuring staff CVs are up to date
- assisting the team with editing photos and promotional images for bids and practice portfolio
- creating and developing proposal documents, marketing brochures and presentations
- supporting members of the team with generating internal and external communication documents
- ensuring office, project and new business templates are up to date and formatted correctly within the SWA brand identity
- ensuring cohesion and quality consistency across documents and the server
- front of house, meeting and greeting clients and visitors
- answer the phone, fielding cold callers, general enquiries etc
- manage the company’s mail@ account.
- managing petty cash, sorting incoming and outgoing post
- ordering stationery, sorting housekeeping supplies and managing office equipment
- assist in organising studio lunches, internal events and celebrations, CPDs, talks and public events and exhibitions
- assisting the operations manager on ISO 9001 related admin (eg. updating IT and office manuals etc)
Supporting practice initiatives:
- contributing to and supporting the various practice committees and organisations with ongoing tasks and development
- leading on creating graphic content required for resources and documents
- organising and contributing to in-house workshops and events
Essential skills and experience:
- at least two years’ experience within a working environment. Previous architectural practice experience preferred but not essential
- proficiency with the MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- strong Adobe Creative Suite skills (InDesign and Photoshop)
- excellent communicator, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- strong time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- attention to detail and quality
- knowledge and familiarity with a range of social media tools
- proactive and intuitive with proven ability to work as an individual or as a team
- the ability to think ahead, anticipating problems and opportunities and finding solutions
- visual awareness and design skills
- well organised and self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude
- an interest in sustainability and respect for the environment
We apologise, that due to the high volume of applications, we will be unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. No recruitment agencies please.
We ask that you do not contact us by phone at this time and if you have any queries please address to Cat Mullan at firstname.lastname@example.org
At SWA we are committed to working towards creating a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse communities we design for. We recognise that people from parts of the community are currently under-represented in architecture and the built environment and we want to ensure we’re doing what we can to change this. We strive for our workforce to be representative of all sections of society and welcome applications from everyone. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We look forward to hearing from you!