Satore Studio is looking for a senior architectural lighting designer to join its practice in Cardiff, UK.
We are Satore Studio, where we are masters in the creation of illuminated visual design for lighting and immersive experiences. We are looking for an architectural lighting designer to work closely with our architectural lighting and production lighting team.
This position is to act as a focal point for the design and development of architectural lighting elements. It will include offering conceptual approaches and assisting the director to develop schemes for projects. The holder of the position will have an acute concern for the delivery of milestones related to the completion of the project over a phased period, with confidence to work from early designs through to tender stage.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- develop architectural lighting layouts in collaboration with the director and senior lighting designer including CAD drawings, light level calculations and fixture specification
- attend meetings
- provide information/presentations for client reviews and workshop
- contribute to development of final project brief
- input in clients design programme and where necessary into project submission of statutory approvals
- provide outline specifications and build NBS documentation
- be a part of the information flow within various departments, in regards to the project
- ensure quality control within various departments, in regards to the project
- ensure that budget and timeline of projects are respected with project manager and director
- along with other members of the creative team, find solutions to all unexpected issues faced with during the creative process, production and delivery
- be aware of the development of lighting for all areas of a building/structure including but not limited to interior and exterior lighting, designing the lighting and controls layout
Requirements and qualities:
- three-five years’ (minimum) of lighting design experience with a solid architectural background
- degree in architecture, architectural technology or lighting design or other relevant discipline
- demonstrable experience managing large-scale projects with a proven interest in the built environment with experience dealing with complex clients
- must have excellent understanding of software such as; CAD, Revit, DIALux evo, Relux
- proven ability to manage multiple parts of project, work under pressure and be part of a team
- must have excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills where an ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way is paramount
- collaborative work-ethic must be a priority working in a dynamic team environment
- methodical approach to problem-solving utilising tools and techniques
- great understanding of working within the architectural sector/construction industry
Please note; no agencies – only direct candidates will be considered via an application, please do not call.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.