Scenario Architecture is seeking a technical architect to join its team in London.
We are looking for a technical architect with at least two years’ UK experience to engage with all technical aspects of our projects focusing on RIBA stages 4-7 using ArchiCAD.
We are a dynamic studio specialising in high-end private residential projects. Our design methodology is uniquely collaborative, with the client as the focus of the design process.
We create bespoke, functional, sustainable and beautiful homes. They have their basis in the methodical analysis and simulation of the unique way in which people wish to interact with the space around them.
Each project is delivered by a team of three with each individual member specialising in one of the following key aspects – design, technical design and management.
We are looking for an architectural assistant to act as a technical specialist who can work within this team set-up.
Primary duties will include:
- advising on technical matters during RIBA stages 0-3
- production of tender and construction packages: drawings, schedules and specifications
- coordinating inputs from external consultants and the Scenario team
- managing tender processes: producing and issuing documentation and tender analysis (in collaboration with a Quantity Surveyor)
- site inspections: Liaison with contractors on site, responding to RFI’s, managing site procedures and producing documentation
- administrating JCT Contracts and issuing all related instructions, documentation and certificates (in collaboration with a project director and training in-house available)
The successful candidate must have:
- experience working on medium to high-end residential projects for end users
- outstanding technical design and detailing skills with the ability to articulate high-quality and detailed schemes, thinking and working directly within a 3D BIM environment
- experience in the delivery of projects through RIBA stages 4 to 7, including production and coordination of all project drawings and information
- tangible experience in delivering tender and construction packages
- excellent and current knowledge of UK building regulations
- experience and understanding of BIM concepts, workflows and collaboration
- excellent ArchiCAD skills and a clear understanding of its operation and outputs
- excellent time management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- outstanding communication and presentation skills, alongside the ability to liaise effectively with other team members, clients, consultants and contractors
- keen interest in current and emerging technical and sustainability solutions and products
- high levels of team spirit with a collaborative and positive approach
- eligibility to work permanently in the UK and be fluent in written and spoken English
The successful candidate would ideally have:
- some experience with site inspections and associated documentation
- knowledge/some experience with JCT contract administration
- good understanding and basic applied knowledge of sustainable design
Practice structure and characteristics:
- boutique in scale and approach, ensuring a friendly, personal and high-quality service to our clients
- stable, long-standing and experienced full-time team: we operate without temporary or part-time employees
- non-hierarchical: team members collaborate seamlessly to achieve common objectives with high levels of team spirit and ownership
- autonomy: each team member has the freedom to act and take decisions independently within the jurisdiction of their role and the scenario vision with other team members, including the funding directors, supporting and advising only
- flexible approach to HR, with trust-based flexible working hours driven by allocated tasks and milestones; this is delivered via self-imposed priorities and disciplined time management by individuals
- strong brand identity: we have a unique workflow focusing on specialisation which is unique in the field of residential; the management, design and technical roles are a symbiosis and we are excited to grow the practice in this manner
How to apply
Please submit your CV and portfolio via the ‘apply for job’ button below.