Schema Design is searching for a visual interaction designer to join its firm in Seattle, USA.
Schema Design is a design firm for the information age. We design data-driven experiences that have an impact on people’s lives. Experts in the areas of interaction design and data visualization, we are passionate designers and technologists driven by illuminating the important issues that define our time. As a team, we are collaborative and hands-on, and value prototyping as well as continuous dialogue with our clients.
Schema is looking for a visual interaction designer to join our team in Seattle, USA.
The visual interaction designer is responsible for creating beautiful and intuitive data-driven tools and experiences for a wide range of audiences. The position will work under the direction of the design director as well as alongside the interaction design and software engineering teams on a wide range of projects, from web and mobile applications to large-scale interactive media installations. The ideal candidate thrives on details and is strong in systems thinking. Curious and forward-thinking, they are interested in contributing to Schema’s ongoing research at the intersection of design, technology, and culture.
The visual interaction designer will work at our offices in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary, award-winning design team with forward-thinking clients.
- undergraduate or graduate degree (or equivalent coursework) in visual/graphic design or related field
- a high degree of skill in typography, composition and color
- experience designing data visualizations and for big data
- experience with UI/UX design
- fluent with design tools such as Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud
- highly disciplined. Must be able to balance multiple projects/deadlines and work in a fast-paced, demanding atmosphere
- excellent communication skills. Experience working with clients a plus
- fast and efficient while possessing a positive attitude
- four plus years’ working as a freelance designer, studio, agency, or in-house