Schneider Designers is seeking a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its London-based practice.
Schneider Designers is a small practice based in north London with a portfolio of high-end residential projects. We are seeking an exceptionally talented and creative RIBA Part 2 or equivalent architectural assistant. The right candidate must have a passion for high-quality design and be ambitious and driven. Experienced in running projects from inception to detail design through to construction is essential. The position is offered on a permanent and full-time basis. Salary is £28K.
Primary duties will include:
- designing and managing projects from inception to completion
- control of the production of drawings to meet project requirements and deadlines
You will be able to demonstrate:
- RIBA Part 2 qualification or equivalent architectural assistant
- minimum of two years’ experience in a client facing role, ideally in the private residential
- outstanding communication and presentation skills, ability to liaise effectively with clients, local authorities and other stakeholders
- proficient in AutoCAD and graphic software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and SketchUp)
- strong design and technical skills
Under the direction and supervision of your line manager, provide responsible, professional architectural and design services from general layout to the final stages of a variety of projects as requested.
- conducting studies of existing and proposed buildings and alterations
- demonstrating an innovative approach to design and be confident in working on a variety of projects
- providing architectural design and related services as assigned
- preparing general layout and perspective drawings to illustrate proposed projects
- developing schematic drawings and preliminary cost estimates on projects to be used in establishing guidelines for engineers or private developers
- working in a team to develop different stages of the project
- helping the architect team to develop professional innovative projects and contribute to improve the ‘green architecture’ knowledge
- providing advice and technical assistance to staff, private consultants and contractors, and others as necessary for design, renovation, alteration and repair of varied facilities
- reviewing and analysing architectural and engineering work of consulting firms
- consulting with structural, mechanical and electrical engineers as required during the preparation of plans and specifications
- implementing design programs; preparing building control drawings, details, cost estimates and specifications for building construction and alterations
- preparing detailed design drawings and specifications of alterations, new buildings and miscellaneous construction projects for construction and tender purposes
- maintaining project administration files as per office procedures
- reviewing and checking for accuracy the progress reports submitted by contractors
- preparing a variety of written correspondence including cost estimates, project budgets and operational correspondence
- liaising with clients, contractors and local authorities when necessary
- ensuring that all projects comply with the most advanced architectural technical knowledge and UK building regulations
- attending site visits and meeting with contractors, client and design team when required
To apply for this position please send your CV and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below and quote job ref: SDPA.
No agencies please.